photo friday: sepia architecture

gerard and goodman 2002
iron and stone 2002Some more nostalgic stuff for today's Photo Friday...

I think these were both shot in colour originally, but I like a nice bit of sepia work, and I did go through a stage when I converted a lot of stuff out of colour.

The Gerard & Goodman building at the top is in town and is pretty much abandoned I think, although I did go and see a play called "Cock & Bull Story" there which was about boxing (but luckily it also contained full frontal male nudity)... but the only reason I went at all was because I got a free ticket from a guy (who I'm guessing was involved in the production) while I was out to lunch with Lownee one afternoon and I was waiting for our food while she went off to find a table. And, of course, because it was free I figured I might as well go. During Fringe/Festival time, just about anywhere that can be converted into a performance space is converted, since all the "official" spaces disappear first.

The other shot is just one of the many churches around North Adelaide, but it's one I go past every morning on my walk, and it's just across from the place I used to live.

Current Mood:

No comments: