tee shirt saga episode 3862

The ongoing saga of the tee shirt I've been trying to get from the East End Rundle Street Market continued today...

I first floated the idea of getting them to print me a tee shirt back in November last year... at first they weren't sure if they could do me one, then they said they could... then we made the first attempt at the tee shirt, only to find that the tee shirt company's sizing system is completely messed up and the size that I'd chosen was big enough to cover a small country (and ended up being bought by a large lesbian from Sydney according to what I was told today, so at least it wasn't wasted)...

So then I went and checked out the other sizes in that brand at one of the tee shirt printing stores, found what I think it the right size (please, please, please, let it be the right size... or at least stretch appropriately), and let them know... and a bit over a week ago I got a phonecall from the woman who runs the stall, aka Teeshirt Lady, telling me it would be ready to pick up that weekend...

And I went down there today to get it since the Markets have changed over from running on Saturdays to running on Sundays... although technically they should have been running on Sundays all along... but that's another story...

It was actually a very surreal experience... I found the stall and there were two people running it that I swear I've never met or seen down there or anything... and yet the woman greeted me like we were old buddies with the line "It's you!"... which pretty much threw me, but I figured if we were going to play the overly familiar game, then I could play along... so I answered her with something along the lines of "Yes... and it's you!"...

Maybe Teeshirt Lady (who, I think, is the mother of the woman who was there today, who is Design Girl, aka she came up with the tee shirt designs I think) told her to expect a big homosexual to show up looking for his teeshirt... buggered if I know... but I hadn't even opened my mouth to say why I was there and Design Girl knew who I was... very, very odd...

But alas, Teeshirt Lady told me lies... she actually called me the day before they were going to print up the tee shirts, and then, for whatever reason, mine didn't get done... and then Design Girl and Printing Boy (boyfriend of Design Girl... interesting in an overly facially pierced way) tried to call or text me, but got back a message saying that it was the wrong phone number... So obviously the universe doesn't want me to have this tee shirt just yet.

But Design Girl took my mobile number again and put it in her phone, and Printing Boy wrote down all the appropriate details on a piece of paper and put it in his wallet... and they said that the tee shirt should be ready next weekend...

Except next weekend is Easter Sunday... so maybe they won't be there after all...

Silly Universe be messing with me again... I can tell!

Current Mood:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ever thought of printing your own?

You have enough design skills and you know which T-shirts fit you best [and stay in shape], why be depended on others who do not keep their word.

j said...

I agree with Pete, you have a flair with sophisticated design so why not design your own? better still start a boutique with your own fashion brand call "Yani" and I would make a beeline to your store.

yani said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence boys... but I made peace long ago with the fact that I'm a designer rather than an artist (ie I can make existing things pretty, but I can't create something from scratch)... plus I don't have the access to the proper equipment to make the tee shirts to the standard I would want them...

I'm actually not pissy at Design Girl and Co over the mixup (which is saying something in itself), it'll happen when it happens... but I know it will happen eventually...