my riverside walk

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

riverside walkI mentioned yesterday that for about the last week I've been walking down by the river instead of doing my usual trawl through North Adelaide...

I think I'd just gotten fed up with doing pretty much the same thing every day for the past nearly eighteen months (give or take a couple of months)... so a couple of weeks ago I mixed it up with a couple of days walking down by the river... then last week four out of five days... and it looks like I might have found myself a new routine... for the time being anyway...

I'm leaning towards a whole clockwise walk at the moment, although I have done the anti-clockwise thing, as well as walking on both sides of the river (not on the same day obviously).

I don't know if the little "tail" on the bottom left of the walk will stay... I like that it bumps up my number of steps, but I think it will be the first thing to go if I need to shorten my walk (although now that I've added it, I think it will be hard to shake)... oh, and the bridge at the base of the tail there, that's the bridge from the rower post yesterday.

Plus it's been about a year since the last time I made one of these maps...

And for the record...

  • The right side of the square at the top is LeFevre Terrace.
  • The spot where the route "dips in" at the base of the tail is roughly where I took the panorama shot.
  • The middle bridge is where I shot the Photo Friday image.
  • Between those two bridges was where all the images in the Riverbank Montage came from.
  • But the River Torrens Montage was actually on the opposite side of the river, between the middle bridge and the one on the far right.
  • When Ma and I saw Il Cielo Che Danza the second time, we were sitting pretty much straight up from the funny shaped white buildings (the Festival Theatre) in that middle section.
  • And one of those white blobs in that general area is also the rotunda... although I'm not actually sure which is which (top left I think)... and the pale blob in the middle of the river near it is the fountain, which I'll most likely be featuring for this week's Photo Friday.
As I told Ma on Saturday, the up side of the new walk is that I get to see more people in the mornings... and the down side... I get to see more people in the mornings...

Current Mood:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

search yaniblog

Loading...


On The Road template - Ourblogtemplates.com