pre-travel haircut

marie claire and fifi always got the two for one perm special at the salonWoohooooooo! Haircut Day!

And double woohoo because it's my "pre-travel Sydney vacation haircut and colour"... gotta be happy with that. And I am...

It's the same colour we did back in November, the blonde that matches my eyebrows and looks (at least until I start to get regrowth) like it could be a natural colour.

The cut is short and a little chunky and just a good, easy length, which I like. I haven't had it cut since before Christmas, and it was starting to get to that really, really ratty stage where it just doesn't look any good no matter how much care and attention you may or may not give it. And since I no longer have the patience for involved, complex hairstyles, the less time I have to think about it, the happier I am.

I caught the bus into town for my appointment, which wasn't overly traumatic, except when the (I'm guessing) homeless guy tried to sell me some sort of "Australian teeshirt". He did ramble something about it, but all I really heard at the end was "$5" so I just fobbed him off and then he mumbled something else and asked if I was sure. Yes, in fact, I was sure as soon as you mentioned money... now go away please. I didn't say that of course, but he quickly wandered off anyway.

I do love my hairdresser, Tink, though... she's just good fun, and we have similar tastes in a lot of things, so that always makes for good gossip. So much so I think that I often realise halfway through one of our conversations that the other clients and hairdressers aren't really having conversations, but seem to be half listening to ours. I know I'm fascinating and everything, but really...

While she was getting the swatches for my colour (which I never actually ended up looking at, since I knew what colour I wanted) I started talking to her about Ma's colour (which I always hate because it's too dark when she has it done), so we workshopped that briefly... I'm going to have to drag Ma in and make her let Tink do her hair at some point I think...

When I was finished Ma and wandered around town for a little bit, mostly in the vague attempt to find me something for breakfast, since I'd only had an Iced Coffee (and was having a little bit of a headspin... actually the fact that I've had two 600ml Strong Iced Coffees might be the reason I have a slight headache now)... which was an ordeal in itself. While I'm on the subject, memo to Starbucks... charging $7 for a bacon and egg muffin is just WRONG and you should stop that now, thanks!

Ma had been having a wander of her own while I was having my hair done and she discovered that Hardly Normal had 2GB memory cards for $25, under half price in fact. And we'd had the conversation the week before about whether or not it was a good idea to get a new one for my digital camera, since the one I have is only 512MB... and although I've never managed to fill it up with photos, I've never spend four days taking an obscene amount of photos without the ability to dump them off the camera. Now all I have to worry about it the battery... but I'm thinking I just might charge it up each evening whether it needs it or not. I know, I know... I'm overthinking things again...

Anyway, next step was to shuffle off to the supermarket... and I'll freely admit, I'm officially "spoiled" (yeah, you can all shut up now)... the concept of going to the supermarket around noon instead of just after it opens at 8am is just annoying and gives me the irrits. All those people going about their business and just getting in my way... I dunlikeit... not fun.

I did run into the woman who used to be my boss back in the Stone Age (okay, maybe it was more like the Iron Age... but it was certainly some time ago now) and her hubby (who's just amusing) and we had a brief little chat and whatnot before going on our separate ways. I technically could have just walked right past her and I don't think she would have noticed me... and maybe normally I might have done that, but it was nice to say hello.

When we got home and I'd unpacked everything I was leafing through the bits out of weekly papers that Ma brings me (usually just the comics and the entertainment liftouts) and flicked through the Adelaide Scene liftout like I usually do before having a quick squizz at the Mr half of the Miss and Mr Adventure columns on the back page. Now they've cycled through a few Mr's and a few Miss's during the column's run... and the current Mr is one Michael Harry and while I usually roll my eyes while I'm reading his stuff, I pretty much always have a skim through it anyway. And the first paragraph really blew my mind this week...
Matt was a surfie from Sydney I went out with for about five minutes, four years ago...
I read it, and re-read it, and then re-read it again... and thought to myself "he can't mean what I think he means... can he?" so I skimmed the rest of the article quickly... and yes, he did indeed out himself in his column. Maybe he'd outed himself in a previous column and I hadn't read it, I dunno... but it just threw me for a loop. Maybe because he just looks like the total clueless straight boy complete with bad hair in the photo at the top of the column (and Michael, the "Yes, it's really me" teeshirt has to go)... I dunno. The photo I eventually found on the Advertiser website is much, much better (bordering on cute even), but still... I wasn't expecting it (oh, and somebody really needs to just upload the column from the previous week onto Michael's "blog" so that there actually ARE some entries there... it's just sad otherwise... it also wouldn't kill The Advertiser to get some sort of navigation structure to their site, I only found the blog by googling it). Cool, but weird... but then I like discovering fellow 'mo's in strange and unexpected places...

We eventually had a wander up and down the street to find something to eat (which might have been a mistake, since I wasn't really hungry to begin with), and then Ma toddled off and left me to my own devices.

But who cares really... coz I'm blonde again... WOOHOO!

Current Mood:

No comments: