chinese garden

chinese pagodacarp pond with willow
A couple of bigger shots from the Chinese Garden of Friendship on Day Three of the Sydney Trip...

I actually got a magnetic bookmark from there which has almost the exact same shot of the pagoda on it too... and I like that you can see the carp under the water in the other shot.

I don't think I mentioned it at the time, but those carp were freakin insane! They'd swim around all sedate and lovely like you expect carp in a Chinese garden to do... then suddenly it was like they were staging a production of West Side Story, and there seemed to be little fish gangs and a lot of rushing backwards and forwards and swarming and swimming in big packs... and then they decided to start jumping out of the water for no apparent reason... very odd.

Current Mood:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the chinese culture in the city. especially the food around chinatown.

Tom said...

Stupidly I've never been, well not properly... I've sort of passed through without really taking anything in. I must go and visit properly when I get back to Sydney.

Typical that it takes a tourist to point things out in my own city! :P

yani said...

We never managed to make it as far as Chinatown... we went through it though, on the monorail, and I think we might have gone past it a couple of times on the Explorer bus...

It's totally worth the $8 admission Tom... take a book or an iPod or something, find a quiet spot and just soak it all up.