wet wet wet

i couldn't have been any wetter if this had happened to meWell I think Autumn is officially here now...

A couple of days ago we had the coldest night in three months only a week after having had the hottest March night on record...

And we haven't had rain in I don't know how many days (literally I don't know... I tried looking it up, but couldn't find it)... but after a few specks yesterday it came down with avengence this morning...

Yes, this morning... while I was on my walk!

I haven't been THAT wet on a walk since the Drowned Rat Incident back in April last year... I wasn't quite as wet this time... I mean my underwear stayed mostly dry this time... but I still got very, very wet!

And like last time the rain decided that it would be a good game to absolutely soak me to the skin when I was in the middle of a very open and exposed area... and then stop right around the time I managed to find shelter under the University Footbridge, leaving me to finish my walk in soaking wet clothes.

It was weird actually... I was standing there, pretty much in the dark (the end of Daylight Savings can just hurry up now) and soaking wet, under the Footbridge, and I could see rain against the street light back the way I'd come, but there didn't seem to be anything against the light in the direction I was heading... like the bridge was some mythical cut off point for the rain. Very weird, and also very annoying.

But unlike last time where I tried to wring the water out of my teeshirt as best I could while still wearing it, I decided that since it was dark, and mostly deserted (and I could see a long way in both directions), I would just take off my top and wring it out... which is actually a very out of character thing for me to have done, but in the end turned out to be the right one...

Luckily the wind didn't seem to be that cold, so I wasn't left shivering in a wet teeshirt (although most of me was pretty cold when I got home, I just didn't feel it). And now all my gear has been shut up in the bathroom with my oil heater to try and dry it out...

On the upside, I was showered, dressed and organised just after I got back (I didn't see the point in putting another set of clothes on after I'd taken off the wet ones, only to take those off to put on my actual clothes after my shower)...

Current Mood:

No comments: