post travel shopping

red jake with tomatoesNothing like a little bit of somewhat exhausted, slightly sleep deprived shopping when pretty much all you've done for the last four days or so is walk and walk and walk and walk...

So we got off to something of a disorganised start this morning... I wasn't ready, then I forgot to take my honey pot so we could stop off at the Honey Man... and I didn't have anything resembling a shopping list, so we just played it by ear.

Then, after we'd done all the shopping and were going back out again to drop in my one roll of film and get the honey, it turned out that for whatever reason the North Adelaide Village just happened to be having a fire drill or false alarm or actual fire (although I doubt that)... and so we couldn't stop off there first... so we went off the the Honey Man, then went to Arndale for no really good reason... got bored with walking around there, came back and dropped off the film.

Then Ma got back on her proverbial bike and pedalled off home... I think we'd pretty much reached saturation point on spending time together anyway, and neither of us really wanted to do any more walking... plus we'll be seeing either other on Tuesday when we go to the movies, so it's probably good that we cut today fairly short. Also hopefully gives me a chance to get my house looking somewhat reasonable again, do some writing, catch up on my blogroll and all the other little bits and pieces that I've missed with being away...

Current Mood:

No comments: