montage monday: kites

kite festival 2008This is the Montage that would have been posted LAST Monday had it not been for the fact that my camera battery died...

I would have made the whole montage of "things against blue" except that I really wanted to use the seahorse shot, and sadly, it never made it much further off the ground than that...

The shot directly in the middle is Ma's bird kite... I do have a couple of shots of mine in action, but, to be honest it just looks like a black rectangle with two red streamers... not quite so photogenic...

The dragon right next to it was amazing... it really looked like it was flying, and because it's head was anchored by the lines, it had that predatory bird thing going on (when the body moves, but the head is locked in position), and it looked like it was about to swoop out of the sky any moment. And the phoenix on the bottom row was good too... the flame edges were all ragged, so as it was moving it actually looked like it was on fire (not actually, because it would have burnt to a crisp in seconds, but, you know, figuratively).

In other news there really isn't very much to report... as I said yesterday, I think it's possible that Tribal is a big game-playing liar... partly because nobody's life is that interesting and fabulous, and when it all sounds too good to be true, it probably is. The thing is, if he IS a big ol' liar, then he's way up in the rank of the clinical sociopath, because he's putting some thought into stuff... and there's nothing that I can quite point to yet and go "A-HA! You big bad lie making man!"... it all seems reasonable... but at the same time it all kinda walks like a duck...

I never quite get that whole "make up a complete and total story and string people along" thing... well... I kinda do... but I don't get it when it's aimed at me...

Speaking of men and their manly ways... I got a text message from Marc yesterday... which is something of a record, I would have expected it to take him a week or more before he got in contact (although I had sent him a totally random message on Gaydar during the day just to show him something)... and we have a coffee "date" on Tuesday. Because the last one of those wasn't at all confusing...

On the up side, I do think that I actually know what I want this time around... "friends with benefits" with more of the emphasis on "benefits" than "friends" would be good, although I think that's actually what I said before the previous coffee date. I do know that I wouldn't want to date him, and I can't really see myself developing strings beyond the "I enjoy having the sex with you... can we please have more of the sex?" kinda strings... if they're actually strings.

I'm sure this is going to make me either sound like a bimbo who can't keep a thought in his head, or some kind of rampaging slut (I wish), or some combination of both... but really, when has that ever stopped me before?

Is it hideously tragic that I actually made a database to keep track of the guys I've been talking to (and/or have hooked up with)... I have a shitty memory for names, particularly profile names online... and there is one particular guy who I hooked up with a while ago that I wouldn't mind a repeat meeting with, but I can't remember his profile name (having said that I think I just found his email, so I might just email him)... and I completely forgot about one possible guy I could have met in Sydney (not that I really had the time... and I'm not sure how fussed I was anyway)... and sometimes you just need to remember that THAT particular guy is a wee bit psycho and should be avoided at all costs and on all possible sites.

So just a wee bit tragic then... yeah, figured as much...

Current Mood:

No comments: