hot weather shopping

be cool... let your dingle dangle in the fisher and pikel...Thank god for shopping centres and car airconditioning... without it I would be a formless puddle of goo on the floor about now...

Today was something of a weird kind of shopping day... Ma had her Haircut Day, so we got off to a slower start... although it did let me cool the house down a little bit this morning... but since we're going to be away neither of us really needed very much shopping, and with the hot weather all I really was in the mood for was salad and chocolate. Sad, but true... which isn't so great, because I've been avoiding the chocolate a little bit of late.

But I got enough stuff to last me until Tuesday and hopefully it won't all go to the icky place while I'm away. I did clean out the fridge when I got back, pulled out anything that seemed to be on the edge of turning, and threw it out.

Then we headed down to Marion to pick up a couple of bits and pieces before the trip... one of the things I like about Marion in the hot weather is that a high proportion of the boys in the mall are slightly skanky underdressed hotties with tattoos in interesting and inappropriate places... highly distracting really...

Ma decided that she wanted some kind of backpack to take with her on the trip (we're just going to look like overseas tourists again... when we were in Melbourne I came within a hair's breadth of attempting to convince one of those nice "volunteer guide" old folks that we were from America... but I knew if Ma had opened her mouth she would have given the game away), so we went any and everywhere looking for one... they were either too big or too butch or whatever... although eventually we did find a couple of nice ones in Rebel Sports, although the Nike one that was the better shape and size was in this really awful navy and bright orange combo that wasn't that appealing. I didn't really want to influence Ma's decision that much, because I knew if she got the Nike one I would probably end up with it after the trip, and I didn't want to make her get that one just so I could have it.

But fortunately the gods smiled on my by making one of the shop assistants this tall, cute, lanky redheaded guy... so Ma asked him if the bag came in any other colours and if they had any... and of course they didn't (like with all stores these days, what they have is what's out), but he did suggest the store in the city might have more, and when he called to check they did... so we finished up and drove into town.

It actually took us longer to walk from the car to the store than it did to walk into the store and choose a backpack... they had the same style bag in pink... so now Ma is the proud owner of a little pink Nike backpack...

And that was our day really... Ma brought my purple wheely suitcase (that we bought about three years ago right after our trip to Melbourne... and this will be the first time I've used it), we checked off what still needs to be done, and we're pretty much all set...

Three more sleeps!

Current Mood:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look cute, looking at the produce in the fridge ;)

BTW have a great time in Sydney!

yani said...

Pfffft... if I looked THAT good don't you think every other post would be of my ass? ;P

Also, my fridge is Simpson, not Fisher and Whatsit... ;)