less interesting shopping

big blue supermarketNot really an overly interesting shopping day today...

Although due to the fact that The Powers That Be are currently dicking around with Daylight Savings (another freakin week until the clocks change again... bored now... could we just go back to it ending at the beginning of March please?) I got up to pretty much pitch dark (which is nothing new, because I've been doing that for my walks for a while now)... and then it started raining... so not really a very welcoming start to the day... but on the up side I did have my new favourite item of clothing, my scarlet Bonds zip up hoodie, to keep me warm.

Oh, and we stopped off to fill up my car with petrol on the way to the stoopidmarket I made a rather annoying discovery... at some point in the slightly recent past I filled up my car and forgot to put the petrol cap back in, so drove off without it (either that or somebody managed to be very sneaky, break into the cover that closes over the cap, steal the cap, the close the cover again, but I'm not sure how likely that is)...

Shopping was about the same as normal... well, except for the fact that we ended up buying far too many cheap Easter eggs at Coles... seriously, they must have radically over-ordered, because they had about half a billion eggs of various descriptions left over. Sadly we also did the same thing on Tuesday before we went to the movies... and doubly sadly, I'd already eaten pretty much all my share by last night.

So no more chocolate for a while (after I consume this new lot) *sob sob*...

Then, after the usual unpacking stopover, we headed into town to find out what this "early phone upgrade" thing was that Ma had been called about before we went to Sydney... for whatever reason the nice folks at Optus decided that we could have new phones again and restart our contracts a couple of months early (we only got the current phones in May 2006)... so we went to torment the poor girly in the shop and find out what the deal was and what they wanted to offer us, blah, blah, blah...

Turns out that yes, we can upgrade now... but, to be honest, with the plan we're both on, it's not really that worth it... the new phones really only have the fact that they're "new" going for them... also, my phone is not even two years old... why do I need a new one yet, I don't even use half the features on this one as it is! So, yeah... ugly, non-sliding phones (and the two I might have considered are both "sliding" models, the one with the "Navigator" thing on it and one that was all pretty and brushed aluminium... mmmm purdy... cost money per month, so they can shove that in an appropriate place)... so I think we're just going to keep doing what we're doing for right now... maybe renew the contracts for another year, then see what kinda phones are on offer after that... I dunno really.

And that, it turned out, was all we really wanted to do in town... we kind of wandered about aimless for a bit (and, as a bonus, there was a LOT of purdy men wandering around town), saw that they've ripped the ceiling out of the front of Regent Arcade (so now you can see up and up and up and up and up to where the pretty, pretty, pretty ceiling is in what used to be the cinema, and they seem to be doing the whole thing up, putting shops upstairs (and maybe downstairs too, I'm not completely sure)... which should be interesting. As is the brand spanky new Adidas store at the front of the arcade... not sure I would actually shop there, but it was very groovy looking.

Anyway, we took a little sidetrip to Arndale, mostly just to poke around Big W at DVD's...

While we were there I realised that I have this particular compulsion when browsing through tables full of DVDs... I've known about it for a while, but it really seemed to come to the forefront today (and I'm sure I've never mentioned it on here before). If there's a table full of rows of DVD's, and a large number of them have been taken, so that the rows are all kinda slanty or falling down or whatever, or when they've been taken out of the rows and just laid on top... I can't help myself... I have to squish up the remaining DVDs and move them around so there are, for example, three full rows where before there were four incomplete rows. Sometimes I just do it without thinking about it in the course of my general browsing... but today it was very much a conscious thing... there were a bunch of tables, each with three or four little wire baskets on them, each with four rows of DVDs... and I must have turned four rows into three in about five or six baskets... couldn't help myself...

Then we took another sidetrip down towards Port Adelaide so we could go to The Mill Bakehouse for lunch... somewhat out of the way... but still worth it, although they don't seem to be making the lemon tarts that I really, really, really loved anymore *sulk*...

After that it was home again, but via Arndale for the second time (because I didn't think about it at the time) so that we could stop off at the big auto parts place (the name of which escapes me right now, and even if it didn't I might not care because the service was pretty much shitty) to get a new petrol cap...

So, yeah... a lot of stops, a lot of locations, but not really that much to report...

Current Mood:

No comments: