painting: tom

tom 2006Tom, Tom, the Blogging Man...

This is Blogger Canvas #2: Tom...

When I originally mentioned the whole concept of both painting and the blogger canvases, I said "Tom would feature blue"... I think it's mostly because of his blog design rather than anything else... but it suits my mental image of him anyway...

And I always feel that Tom's writing is very "straight lines"... which isn't a bad thing, I just mean that it goes very clearly from A to B, and you always get the feeling he hasn't left anything out... but at the same time there HAS to be stuff that we don't see... which is why the straight lines (or straightish... given my inability to paint really straight lines freehand) all criss-cross like that... nothing seems to be hidden, but there are layers there... there's depth... and maybe some stuff that's hidden way in the back.

I'll also add that, for no real reason really... each of the layers has five stripes...

That, and the fact that in person it's a little brighter than it seems in the photo, but I can't get too much more brightness and contrast going or the top lines loose detail.

Current Mood:

2 comments:

Larry said...

And here I thought it was just pretty because it's blue :)

Tom said...

I'm stoked - it's brilliant. Very me! Am just about to write a post about it. Thanks!