montage monday: backstreets seven

hindley backstreetsIt's been a while since I managed to do a Monday Montage... but thankfully yesterday's little excursion netted me enough photos to knock one up.

Ahhhh... work...

You know how they say "be careful what you wish for"? Well today was pretty much a study in that exact phrase...

Towards the end of last week when I was drowning in the abject boredom of trying to organise the program that administers all the documents on the departmental website, I just wished quietly to myself that I had something a little bit more interesting and stimulating to do...

Today I got my wish... but it came at a price... and that price was a long shred torn off my sanity...

Firstly I was working for a woman who I'm SURE used to be a man... I actually found myself checking for an Adam's Apple a couple of times... it's not that she was butch... but just scarily tall and kinda built a little manishly... okay, she was probably never a man... but she has a scary transgender vibe going on.

Also, as a temp it's a little bit hard to just turn to somebody and say "Would you mind terribly just fucking off?"... she just hovered over my shoulder at various points... not for any particular reason, just to see where I was up to... and it was very annoying and very distracting. In the end I just ignored her and got on with what I was doing, and limited my answers to any direct questions. That's possibly why I came home with a slight headache... trying to resist the urge to punch somebody will do that to you (actually it's more likely to be my lack of weekend sleep finally catching up with me, but I like my first explanation more).

And she still thought I was fabulous by the end of the day... go figure!

There was a plus in the middle of my day though... Subway is currently doing a Tandoori Chicken sub... mmmmmmm Tandoori....

I made a discovery about my white Ikea Flört messenger bag this morning... I got dressed, black pants, sapphire blue shirt, black jacket, black boots, new black necklace... put the bag's strap over my shoulder and looked down at it...

GAYEST! BAG! EVER!

Actually that's not fair... the gayest bag I've ever owned (and still own) is a pink see-through PVC plastic Powerpuff Girls backpack... but Flört is certainly the gayest work bag I've ever had.

I'm not saying I don't like it... I still love it to death... but damn it was a gay, gay, gay colour choice! It's going to be even worse when I'm wearing my pale green shirt...

Current Mood:

1 comment:

Bodhi said...

G'day Yani ... I got me a blog babe!