dinner with marc

rigatoni pastaWhat was supposed to be "Afternoon Coffee with Marc" turned into "Dinner with Marc"...

He called me early this afternoon to say that he was going to be busy this afternoon, and could we do it at 7... then when he got here he asked if I'd had dinner... of course not, because it's Sunday, and I don't generally have "meals" I just seem to graze all day... but I figured what the hell, so we went out to dinner, his treat.

Before we left my place I sat him down and asked him The Question... "I just need to know what the rules are, blah blah blah"... turns out that he just wants something platonic... it may be a matter of wishful hearing, but he may have used the term "for now" (or he may have just been saying that to soften the "blow")... I'm not going to hold my breath, but you never know. And if I run into him at the sauna again, well, possibly all bets are off, you never know.

He'd also brought me a copy of Notorious C.H.O.... also known as the "Mama on Camel stand up" show that I've been quoting for ages and ages and ages...

Anyway, on the way down to the cafe I told him about the trials and tribulations of my week, then he asked about where I was working, and I told him all about that, which then turned into me talking pretty much the whole time about various places I'd worked and Yani's Random Adventures As TempBoy... I may have told some of the stories one of the other times we've had coffee, but neither of us really remembered, so I told them again anyway.

He did let me finish all my stories actually... partially because I never really stopped talking the whole time, but it was nice anyway.

So, yeah... I dunno where all this goes from here... whether I distance myself from him a little due to the whole platonic thing, or what... I'm not making any decisions at this point, I'm just going to play it by ear and see what happens.

Now I'm off to watch the Cho-ness...

Current Mood:

No comments: