dealing with dull people

dull dull dullLet me set the scene...

There are eight people (including myself) who work in the team I'm currently with. This week, one of them (H-San) is on leave, two others (Sugarmonkey and Rockchick) have been on a training course for the last two days and the Boss (Ginger Ninja) is off with personal business...

Which leaves me with what could possibly be the three most boring and frustrating people on the planet...

Okay, that's not fair... not the whole planet certainly... but my small slice of the planet definitely.

And they're all ringers from other places within the Department, so they don't actually know what the hell is going on... which has left, for the last two days, ME... and I haven't worked with this crew for maybe three years, and I don't have my own login or official email currently, and I don't have Super User Access (or as I prefer to call it, God Access) which would let me in to all the websites when people call and have a problem.

Fortunately I'm using one persons login, I have a "work" Gmail account and discovered yesterday that one of the women happens to have Super User Access (although WHY is anybody's guess, since she doesn't seem to know her proverbial ass from a proverbial hole in the ground)... so basically I've managed... just...

Add to that the fact that what I'm currently doing is fairly fucking dull (checking a bunch of websites against a predetermined list and seeing if they comply)... so, yeah... boooooooo-riiiiiiing!

And today when everybody seemed to want to call and have problems at me (as opposed to Monday when Sugarmonkey was around and the phone never seemed to ring all day)... seriously, I've been back less than a month, I still have no idea how the hell everything is currently being done... QUIT ASKING ME!

That goes double for the people IN the Unit too... either get a clue about what work the Unit actually does and how it gets done, or, you know, bugger off to wherever it was you came from in the first place.

Luckily Stu happened to be in the neighbourhood and called me just before lunch to see if I wanted to do lunch with him... which I happily accepted... he swung past in the car and we tootled over to Gouger Street and ended up having yum cha at the same place I had yum cha with Freddy nearly two years ago now... and it was nice to talk to a reasonable person, even if it was only for about half an hour...

Thankfully Ginger Ninja, Sugarmonkey and Rockchick are back tomorrow...

Current Mood:

No comments: