one step closer...

painting supplies 2006Okay, normally I would have left this to Monday and babbled about it in my Montage post... but it might have made Monday's post a little more rambly even that the usual amount of ramble... so here I am...

Like I mentioned last Monday, I've been feeling that the Universe is nudging me in the general direction of the idea of painting... and it kept happening this week... during Oprah this week they happened to show some of the post-Katrina families getting their new homes, specifically the Bon Jovi funded ones, and there were a couple of abstract painting on the wall of one of the houses, done by the kids who were going to be living there...

And I've just started noticing all the paintings in the backgrounds of various teevee shows and stuff... weird...

So, while Ma and I were running around town today, I brought up the whole subject of the Universe and painting with her... and she suggested that we hit the "cheap shops" and see what we could find (not that that wasn't already my plan, but it's always nice when we're on the same page).

We ended up going to just about every single cheap shop, and a couple of not-so-cheap shops to get all the supplies...
  • The two canvases, the artists brushes, and the "house" brushes all came from Cheap As Chips...
  • The bottles of red, blue, yellow, white and black acrylic paint (that way I can make any and every colour possible), plus the blue tarp (for the floor, or maybe my sofa, I dunno yet... but just in case) came from The Reject Shop...
  • The sheet of calico (under the brushes) came from Lincraft...
  • And the very hard to find artist's pallet was eventually tracked down at Spotlight...
I'm not even going to think about adding up how much it all ended up costing... I only hope that a) I actually end up liking this whole painting thing... and b) I can get the stuff that's in my brain out onto the canvas in some appealing form...

Not sure when I'll have a stab at it... sometime next week I guess... And I think the first one is going to have to be something for Ma...

Current Mood: pre-painting excitment

No comments: