photo friday: outline girl

outline girlOne of the little bits of street art I saw on Wednesday's ramble...

I love the style of this... it's very "Japanese manga/anime" with the minimum of lines and the dots for tears... not to mention what looks like a rainbow on her cheek.

It was at the back of a lot that looked as though it had been a building at one point, but most of it had been torn down... or maybe there were just buildings on all three sides and that spot had always been empty... I dunno. Whatever it used to be, it's currently serving as a makeshift carpark.

And parts of the brickwork had been covered with, I think, old posters at some point, which had been ripped off, leaving some clear white areas for artworks. And there was Outline Girl, hidden down near the grassline, right at the back of the lot...

I don't think I even would have seen her if it hadn't been for the fact that another piece of street art caught my eye on one of the side walls and I'd stopped to look at it.

Current Mood:

No comments: