holding da baby

awwwwwwwwI wasn't sure whether or not I was going to end up going to Sheeba's today or not... we'd made noises about getting together again as I was leaving last week, but I hadn't heard anything from her (apart from a quick, completely unrelated text message)... so I kind of assumed nothing was going to happen... and then I got a text message quite early this morning asking if I wanted to come over.

And I ended up staying there all damn day...

I left here just before 10am, and got home around 9pm... and sitting here thinking about it, I have NO idea where the day went.

I do know that I spent a large chunk of the day holding, sitting with, carrying or otherwise carting around Showgirl (the artist formerly known as Small Child Number 3)... once she eventually woke up (around lunch time I think), with a couple of expections when either I was eating, she was having a feed (although I did give her a bottle and some yoghurt earlier in the day, which was entertaining for all concerned I think) or the couple of times she went back down for a short nap, she was with me. She's just a cruisy little baby... she didn't throw up, or cry (other than towards the end of the evening when she was overtired) or anything... she was quite happy to just sit on my lap (or be carted around) just hang out with me. Actually, I could have put her down at any point, but I really didn't want to... there's something about just having a little person sitting in your lap that's somewhat addictive. Yes, it did mean that I had to take my glasses off for a vast chunk of the day (babies with grabby hands and eyeglasses just don't mix), but that was a small price to pay.

And then there's my whole ongoing thing with babies... they just seem to find me amusing (or at least vaguely interesting) for some strange reason.

I also think that Rockstar (the artist formerly known as Small Child Number 2) got somewhat more used to me after, you know, about the six or seven hour mark. He's still not completely sure, but we'll get there.

Like I was saying though, I have NO idea where the hell the day went (or what the hell we talked about really)... Sheeba and I just sat in the back yard under the veranda gasbagging... ALL FREAKIN DAY! Even after Tikiman (the artist formerly known as Husband Number 2) came home, he hung out with us a bit, then went inside to do his own thing, then came back out again, etc... Sheeba and I still sat out in the yard yacking away about everything and nothing. Well, at least until it was around dinner time and we all ended up sitting around eating pizza and watching Grand Designs (because, of course, Tikiman and Sheeba are both already fans of both that AND Time Team)... but then suddenly it was 8:30 and I just dragged my rather tired butt home again.

It was a hell of a nice day though!

Current Mood:

No comments: