fill'er up

i forgot to look on my way past, but if the other signs are anything to go by, this one would have had water licking at the bottom of it at the very leastThe Torrens is full again...

Not "full to overflowing" full, but more or less back to it's old self. It's been raining on and off all night (including raining on me during my walk, although it seems to mostly have stopped now), and I hadn't really connected the two until I got down there this morning.

There was something kind of nice about being one of the first to know that the river was back to normal... it was just me and the random group of other insane people exercising in the rain (okay, so some of the people driving past would probably have noticed, but don't spoil the illusion).

The mud is all covered, the three Popeyes and two sets of paddleboats are all floating again and with the exception of all the partially submerged "soft mud" signs, it looks the same as it used to.

Honestly though, I'm kind of disappointed...

The council has all these grand plans about what they were going to do while the mud was exposed (and yes, they have cleared 90% of the trash, but they were going to plant water weeds to help with the algea problem and step up the removal of the introduced carp), but I can't help thinking that that's all going to be abandonded now that the river is full again.

Plus I was getting used to the river the way it was, and I kinda liked it...

Current Mood:

No comments: