no call but cleaning

i think the word is 'foppish'...You know, I just don't get it...

They get me in to talk to them on Friday, they're all overly eager, we set it up so that I'll come in on Tuesday, I tell them they have to call the agency, then I hear nothing from either them or the agency all day today...

So, basically I'm not going to work tomorrow...

I called La Ninja around noon to remind her to call and remind them that they needed to call the agency (yeah, it makes my head hurt too)... and she said she would let them know... and I told her that if I didn't hear from the agency I wasn't going to turn up... so it will be interesting to see what happens come 9am tomorrow when I'm not there. If they get all panicky and throw a fit then it's their own damn fault...

I mean, c'mon... it's just rude... you want me, you guilt me into turning up at short notice and then you don't follow through like you're supposed to... how hard is it to pick up the phone and make one phone call? Sheesh...

I also cancelled my dinner with Rockchick on Friday... Ma has to go to the hospital on Friday afternoon and she'll be having drops in her eyes again and getting big scary alien eyeballs, so she won't be able to drive for several hours so she'll be hanging around here for a while... and it just seemed rude to come home, say hi, then turn around and go out again... so we'll reschedule...

Other than that I was overtly domestic today... my bathroom was getting somewhat festier than normal, and I picked up some "Mould Killer" at the supermarket on the weekend, then nearly gassed myself with it this morning (note to self: don't close the door when using toxic chemicals in a confined space). The bathroom looks pretty good, but still smells like either an over-chlorinated swimming pool or a bottle of bleach, not sure which.

Then when I went in there a little earlier this evening I realised that the screen on the window looked very dusty and gross compared to the rest of the room, so that got an impromptu rinse in the shower...

It's very much a case of "Washing The Windowsill"... but literally this time, which makes a change... and it's mostly because of my new clothes hamper... it's all new and sharp looking, plus I had to clean the floor, so that helps with the sharp looking...

Lord only knows what will happen if and when I get a new bed...

Current Mood:

No comments: