peasant lunch

peasant lunchI love a peasant lunch...

Okay, I think technically a "peasant lunch" is soup, chunks of cheese and bread... but I've been calling this particular lunch a "peasant lunch" for... well, forever really.

I had to go out just before lunchtime and ended up parking near the Central Market, and figured that I might as well grab some lunch from there... and it turned rapidly into peasant lunch...

I hit all my favourite stalls... kabana from The Metwurst Shop, my favourite vintage cheese and a couple of fresh, crusty half baguettes from Say Cheese and to top it off, a crisp tasty Fuji apple from McMahon's...

Okay, so I also stopped off at Goodies & Grains for some dark Belgian Couverture chocolate, but that wasn't a lunch thing that was an "I love chocolate" thing.

I gotta say, I do love wandering around the Central Market... okay so sometimes there are a few too many people and you just want them to get the hell out of the way so that you can get where you're going... but it's always fun wandering around.

Back when I was working for the Courts I loved nothing more than going over to the market with $20 in hand and shopping and shopping and shopping and shopping and shopping until I had nothing but a few coins left and a massive bagful of fruit, vegetables, cheese and whatever else happened to take my fancy on the day.

Of course, then getting it all home again was sometimes a chore, but it always ended up being worth it.

And there's nothing quite like sitting down to a meal of bread, cheese, apple and metwurst. Yum!

Current Mood:

2 comments:

Tom said...

And you give me grief for my breakfast! LOL!

yani said...

At least I had four different food groups represented...

Also... shut up! :P ;)