misty monday

montifiore hill in mistmisty torrens with swans
Man, oh man... what a morning!

And I thought the mist/fog on Saturday morning was something... when I walked out of the door for my walk today I couldn't actually see either end of my street and for pretty much my whole walk I couldn't see further than a few hundred metres in front of me.

I don't even know why, but I kept being surprised by how much I couldn't see... first the end of the street, then I couldn't see the length of Wellington Square... but then I got to Montefiore Hill (the photo on the left up the top)... now normally you see the whole city laid out before you... first trees, then Adelaide Oval, then the city and the Hills beyond... today, it was just a big white blank... very, very trippy...

In fact, it wasn't until I started walking down the hill that I could even see the trees at the bottom... looming slowly out of the whiteness like something out of a fairy story.

Then, when I got to the Torrens, I could only just see across it... in fact the shot with the swans was taken not far away from the spot that I took the Torrens panorama shot late last year.

Like I said the last time we had big major fog like this, I love it because it makes everything look so unreal...and because it happens so rarely here.

It even smells unreal... like when you walk into your bathroom when the hot shower is running and it's that "taste" of wet air... but this was cold instead of hot.

Sadly it's all lifted now, although the day doesn't look like it's going to get much brighter than "grey"... at least for now.

Current Mood:

No comments: