botanical safari

botanical gardens 2007I mentioned last week that Ma bought herself a digital camera and that we were going to have to find somewhere to let her practice with it. Well, Practice Session 1: Botanical Gardens happened this afternoon...

After we'd done the usual Random Shopping Adventures™ (including a visit to the Red Circle Boutique where I picked up three tops, a jacket and a couple of pairs of underwear all on sale), and dropped into EzyDVD to grab a few of the movies they had on special, as well as finding me a new shower caddy (not from EzyDVD obviously) since the groovy plastic one I got at Christmas just broke inexplicably this week (I know have one exactly like the one I had had for the previous eight or so years I lived here... except, you know, new...

We also stopped off to wander around the Oxfam discount store... mostly stuff you would never actually want, no matter what the price, but Ma still managed to come away with a few things, most of which were okay.

And then it was off to the Botanic Gardens.

I haven't actually been down there in a while. It used to be a place I would take some of my models when I was actually doing more model/portrait orientated work... it's a good place to get a variety of different backgrounds and looks within a finite area... everything from "Aussie bushland" to "English style village green" to "desert cactus garden".

We were a little bit at the mercy of the weather, but that's pretty much going to be the overwhelming theme for another month or so... and even though it did absolutely pour down with rain a couple of times, we also got some nice sunny interludes, so all in all it was pretty good. And, as is always the way with these things, because Ma's camera is newer, and a different brand from mine, I looked at the results from her shots and was just a little bit jealous... they looked really nice on the little camera screen.

I ended up taking around 150 shots, and I think Ma took 60+, so between us we didn't do too badly... and we only really called the excursion off on account of shitty weather. But it was fun... we'll have to do something else next time... maybe something actually in the city with buildings and stuff, since a lot of today was about close up/macro work.

Plus I have enough shots to do another Montage on Monday...

Current Mood:

No comments: