montage monday: botanic

botanic 2007I actually meant to post this earlier... but I finally had the end of the book I've been reading for over a month, the final installment of the His Dark Materials trilogy, The Amber Spyglass, in sight, and didn't want to stop until I'd finished it.

Unsurprisingly, this is the Montage I did from Ma and my little excursion to the Botanic Gardens on Saturday. Somehow I thought it would come out a lot more green than this... I didn't really expect there to be very much in flower, but surprisingly there was quite a bit... so the montage didn't come out half so monochromatic.

For the record, it's the first day of the winter school holidays, and I may have to go all Crazed Postal Worker on the seeminly 400 children that currently live in my building before the two weeks are up. I don't know that it would be so bad, except for the baby elephant children who live directly above me... without the clomp clomp clomp on the ceiling I think I might be okay. And there's not even any point in asking their parents to make sure they keep it down, since I've done that at least three times already, to no result whatsoever.

And it seems that whatever virus or whatever was infecting my system this time last week has been purged... *touches wood like crazy*... I actually cheated and didn't switch the computer off for like four days, but I've switched it on and off a couple of times since then and there hasn't been any trace of the viruses... not sure what the hell I did or didn't do, or if the problem is actually fixed *more crazy wood touching*... I'm still not brave enough to reinstall MSN, but if everything behaves itself for another week and my regular weekly virus check comes up clean, then maybe...

Oh, and I spoke to the guy who stood me up on Saturday (to be known, henceforth as Blackcat... it's the animal naming theme again)... and maybe he was actually working on Saturday... our conversation today didn't seem any different from our conversations last week... but I guess I'll have to wait until this coming weekend to see if anything actually comes of it.

Current Mood:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blackcat? He must be smooth and sleek...grrrrr