aleisha vs zach

aleisha vs zachI have to say I was both surprised and, well, not really surprised at the results of tonight's Big Brother final eviction...

I know back when there were still six Housemates I'd kind of put my money on Billy... but once there were only four left I honestly couldn't pick who was going to go tonight. I went back and forth about who was in and who was out and who the final two were... and just about any permutation looked like it could be a viable option. As the week went on, in the back of my mind I did kind of think it was going to be Billy first up, but while I'd entertained the idea of the Gay Guy/Country Girl finale, I actually didn't think it was going to happen.

As far as I know this is the first time in Australian BB history that an Intruder has made it to the final two (and, from what I read somewhere that if he wins he will be the first ever intruder to win a Big Brother series worldwide)... and the first time a gay Housemate of either gender had reached this point (although David from last year did make it to the final four). So even if Corset Queen Zach doesn't win tomorrow, he still makes the "record books". And if he does, well, then the gayest gay Housemate ever in the history of the show becomes the winner of BB07.

Given the audience reaction to Zach during tonight's show (they screamed for him much longer while Gretel was talking to the Housemates than to any of the other three) he may just take it out too... I still hold to what I said about the final six... I think Aleisha will end up as the runner up... but then what the hell do I know, the last three seasons the person I've wanted to win always comes in second (Chrissy, Tim and Camilla respectively).

So here's to "Zach Slap and Aleisha Tickle" (together they are "Slap and Tickle")... I have no idea who's going to win, but whoever it is, it's nice to see Australia getting behind a "different kind of winner".

PS: I noticed that two of my Aussie blogmates (Tom and Euphoric) have both posted very similar "Save Zach" posts... I wonder if there's enough power in the gay Aussie blogosphere to have the first gay Aussie BB winner...

Current Mood:

2 comments:

Paul said...

I think Zach got all those Save votes last night, I think the community is pulling for him.

yani said...

Missing it by that much... :P