photo friday: public artwork

are you serious 2007hyatt spiral 2007word ball 2007Yes... more shots from the Public Art Safari last weekend...

I love the top shot... so much so actually that I made myself a desktop wallpaper out of it. I think it's part of the Experimental Art Foundation, but I'm not completely sure. It was tucked away in a little walled enclosure, and there were a bunch of different words and phrases stuck to the wall.

The one in the middle is called... *consults handy Public Art Walking Guide brochure*... Eyrie by Bronwyn Oliver... and it's on the wall of the Hyatt Hotel... actually, since the bronze spiral there are three "rocks"... they're a little hard to see in the photo, but they are there...

And the bottom shot is of one of the wordballs from a work called Drift... (the ellipses are the artist's in this case, not mine) by George Popperwell. I love the wordballs... I've photographed them before, and when Ma and I were doing our little safari I think I ended up taking twenty or thirty shots of them... bits of words here, bits of words there... some of the bands make no sense whatsoever, they're gibberish or bits of phrases or whatever... and others, like this one make some degree of sense, but when you read them you kind of go "What the?"... case in point, the band in the middle of the shots says "your bread spread me with your" and I happen to know that the end of that phrase is "with your sweet honey", because when I realised what the first bit was I had to see how it ended.

Current Mood:

No comments: