sometimes i like the universe

yippeeAfter getting my major sulk on yesterday, the Universe, in it's infinite wisdom, decided that it needed to throw me a fricken bone...

So, this afternoon, completely out of the blue I get a call from some random girlie at my original agency asking me if I'm working, blah di blah di blah... and if I want some work at the Grand Ongoing Temple of My Work Life (ie the Education Department)... to which I asked how long for... I never like to commit myself until I know what the deal is... I mean, a couple of days is good, but not outstanding...

She comes back with "You'd start on Monday..." and I'm thinking, yes you dozey bint, that doesn't help me much, although it's better than starting tomorrow, since I hate the whole "rush" thing, even when it's not really a rush... then she said "Until mid June"... Mid June... WOOHOO... Mid June is good... okay, so technically that's only a month and a half, but she did say there was a possibility of extention (which usually means they actually don't know how much work there really is).

So while I'm optomistic, I'm not counting all my chickens just yet, since I've heard that story before... "could be a couple of weeks" and ends up being two days (I much prefer the "probably only a couple of days" that ends up being "oh look, you've been here a year!")... so I'll assume it could be about a month, and when I finally find out what the hell it is they actually want me to do, then I should be able to work out a better timetable.

And in theory, it also solves at least two of my grumpy issues from yesterday, both the "no work" and "need to get out of the house" things... not completely or permanently, but it's a start.

Also on the plus side I at least have appropriate pants this time around... although I may need to get a few new shirts (Pink Shirt Thursday here I come?) since I'm kinda lacking in work-appropriate shirts right now... *sigh*... and the roughly dawn orientated walks are going to have to get shoved back by about half an hour or so... walking in the dark again... yippee... not!

That's the only drawback to being a slave to one's routine... but not having a work orientated routine... you end up all discomknockerated when you have to alter it...

Current Mood:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ever thought of walking to work and back, it kills two bird with one stone!?

Tom said...

Congratulations, that's great news. You realise it's illegal to work next Thursday sans Pink Shirt. :P

yani said...

I used to walk to work Peter, but being dressed in work clothes, carrying my bag (and in winter an umbrella and coat), I always ended up getting to work feeling hot, sweaty and exhausted and over time I just stopped doing it.

And Tom, if I can find one that I like in my size, then I'll be doing the PST thing... :)