avatar geekness

I love online avatar makers... from Dookyweb where I made all my "yani-avis" to the South Park Studio... from Yahoo's Avatar maker to websites like Gaia, I just love making little pixel people. Actually the stuff I end up making usually falls into two categories... little pixel people who look as much like me as I can make them and little pixel people who are something I find hot, or even something I wish I looked like.

I actually went on a mission to find a couple of groovy avatar makers this morning, because I wanted to add an avatar of Ma to my phone for when she calls (you can pick different pictures to signify who's calling)... and I fell across this Dress Up Games site which listed a ton of them.

And I ended up finding two different types of generators that made one avatar from each category ("like me" and "I wish")...

Well... after I'd made up some of Ma first on both of them... can't forget why I was there...

mini ego yaniThe first little dude on the left is from MiniEgo, and, obviously, he's the "like me" kind... well, except for the ears (but, c'mon, cute little elfy ears, what's not to love)... the scary thing is that I used the same hair when I made the avatar of Ma... they didn't have that many choices for short and spikey hair, and I liked this style the most. It was also interesting that they've actually engineered the generator so that you can adjust the postion of the arms, legs and head, which I haven't seen before in that kind of simple "toon" generator... unfortunately the clothing choices were pretty damn limited, but there are "soon" spaces all over the place, so hopefully they update the range eventually.

Oh, and playing with the "Random" button gives you some cool, if slightly freaky looking versions.

meez yaniThe second site I played around with was Meez, which, although I started out trying to make a "realistic" version of myself (and I made a very cool version of Ma first, although perhaps something in the order of at least 30 years younger than the real thing), ended up scrapping that and going with the uber-idealised "I wish" version... actually it's half "that's hot" and half "I wish"... if there was a machine where you could punch in an idealised form like this and then get in and it transformed you, well, then this would probably be what I would choose to look like... at least at the moment.

The cool thing about Meez is that it's a whole moving, animating, Java-ey goodness with dancing and jumping and whatnot. And I would probably have posted a dancing, jumping version here, but the Meez system got all snooty with me and told me I didn't have the right version or type of browser to export things... but if you're really interested, you can see him stand around (or possible float all Nirvarna like, or skateboard, or go all rock and roll with a microphone, whatever animation I've chosen to go with).

Okay, I've been a big, sad geek long enough... going away now...

Current Mood:

No comments: