emergency haircut adventures

superman's haircutThere could be something to that "Secret" nonsense that people have been on about recently... or not... I dunno...

After Random Supermarket Adventures™, we decided, again, to go into the city... even though I'm currently working in town, I work all the way down the other end from all the shops and it's too much like hard work to try and haul ass down to the Mall and back again during my lunchbreak.

Plus, I wanted to get my hands on the first season of The West Wing (having come late to the show, and the Powers That Be reducing the six disc sets to $30, and me now having disposable income, etc), hit The Body Shop for some "Face Protector" and as a side project, continue my hopeless quest for an appropriate pink shirt in the right colour, size and price range for Pink Shirt Thursday (on a side note, DAMN YOU THOMAS!)

But going back in time a couple of days, I was kind of hit around Wednesday (due to an abuse of product, and hence, a Bad Hair Day) that I really needed a haircut... it's been a while since my last one, and my hair is kinda getting to the straggly stage. I never got around to making a call on Wednesday, mostly thanks to indecision... then Thursday I still wasn't sure, but still thought I needed to have one, but couldn't decide on whether I wanted to be bothered having one on Friday night after work, so in the end, Friday rolled around and I did nothing... figuring I would call either over the weekend, or early next week and organise something for next Friday. So a haircut was very much on my mind.

We stopped off at Starbucks for a beverage and a lil sumtin sumtin... then Ma dragged me down to Cheap As Chips on the hunt for some random kitchen item for work, then we ended up going down a different arcade than we would otherwise have ended up in... an arcade that ends up coming out (at least the way we were headed) near my hairdressers, so I figured, I'm here, they're here, why not stop in and book a haircut now.

As I walked in Tink was right there cutting somebody's hair, but closest to the counter, and she looked especially brown, so I asked her where she'd been, thinking she might have had a couple weeks off somewhere sunny and worked on her tan. But no, it was a fake tan... because she was headed off on two weeks leave... TOMORROW! I actually made a face and turned to walk out of the store... jokingly obviously... then came back and pouted because she wasn't going to be around to cut my hair for another two weeks... damn Tink!

Luckily she had some spaces later in the afternoon, so I booked in around 3pm, and Ma and I came back here to watch Heroes and kill some time (thank you easy to get 20c Saturday carparks, meaning we can run around town for a couple of hours, then leave and come back in again and the most it's going to cost is 40c!)... anyway, where was I... oh yeah... initially I was going to maybe get Ma to drop me in town and then take off, but she was okay with hanging around for the hour or so it took (since I had to wait around for a bit beforehand since Tink was running behind)...

I didn't do anything radical with my hair... actually, I didn't even pay attention to Tink as she cut my hair... I just said "Do it like we've been doing it, short back here, short here and here, and kinda fauxhawkyeske on the top"... and let her do her think... didn't even really pay attention, just sat there and had a big ol gossip about movies, Big Brother and whatever... then when she asked me how the length and texture of the cut was I actually had no idea what the hell she'd been doing... whoops... hehehe...

Lucky I trust her to do her thing without me...

Anyway, after the haircut Ma and I wandered around a bit more (the whole PST quest thing again)... before the shops started to close... but by then it was kind of dinnertime... so I took her to dinner... which was doubly nice, since I actually took HER to dinner (ie I paid), which hasn't happened in a while. Felt good actually.

So, yeah, that was my day... all 11ish hours of it (from when Ma got here this morning, to when she left after dinner)...

Current Mood:

No comments: