photo friday: striped office

city stripesThe weather today was gloriously warm... proper sunny, warm weather... sadly I was inside for most of the day (and when I did go out to lunch there was cloud cover), but you get the idea.

Due to the warmer weather, today's costume choice was as follows: Red polo shirt, red Converse shoes, red & white striped socks, red Crumpler bag, red Bonds trunks... oh, and blue jeans. What can I say... when I get on a theme I like to run with it.

Continuing the red theme... I got a pleasant surprise this afternoon just before I left work... the Crumpler store called me to tell me that my Winston Fleece laptop bag had some in... woohoo... and my laptop fits in it perfectly.

The ADSL process has begun!!! I submitted my application this morning, although it took ages since I couldn't decide on a username (the one I have now and have had for three million years wasn't available on the new ISP, and I didn't want anything too cutesy, "funny" or embarrassing... I'm hoping what I've chosen doesn't end up being incredibly annoying), then I couldn't decide where I wanted them to deliver the modem (since they don't keep the ones I'm getting at the ISP, which is a pain because it's just around the corner from work... so they're delivering it to work, which could be entertaining)... plus I was trying to do actual work in between. So let the waiting (5-10 working days) and the freakout begin (actually I started that second part both while and directly after I finished the application).

Crappy beige desktop box, your days are NUMBERED! Which, given your performance the past couple of days (where it takes forever to do the simplest little thing and I have to reboot more and more), will be an incredible relief.

Stupid grey dress pants with their useless stitching... this is the fourth or fifth time I've had to get the drycleaner to stitch up a hole. Doubly embarrassing because it was where the zip joins the pants, triply so because it was Sugarmonkey who pointed it out to me... although he did it in such an oblique and subtle was that although he made me paranoid, I thought he was just teasing me... luckily I checked when I got home.

I'm having Marc over again for dinner and Phase 10 next Tuesday... because what's the point in going to all the trouble of tracking down my own Phase 10 deck (although, really, now much effort was involved, I went into one store and they ordered them in) if I can't show it off.

Current Mood:

No comments: