photo friday: benzobots and haircut adventures

twin benzobotsPhew! I left work at 4pm as usual this afternoon... and didn't actually walk in the door at home until 8:30...

You gotta love a combination of Haircut Day and Friday Night Late Night Shopping though... woohoo, Personal Pampering and Retail Therapy!

When I left work I toddled down to the salon, gave Tink some fairly vague instructions, told her I also wanted to the natural looking blondey colour we've done a couple of times previously and we set to a'gossipin...

She asked me what I thought of the new Indiana Jones movie, I told her all about my spirit guide portrait, and I think, yet again, we were having the most interesting conversation in the joint, because I'm sure the woman having her hair coloured next to me (side note: honey, I loved the colour you went with, now you just need to lose the fucking tragic 80's flick fringe and the crap permanent wave thing) as well as the hairdresser doing it (and the apprentice helping out too) were all listening in while I was talking about my spirit guide portrait... hehehe...

I do need to come up with either a standard set of instructions to give to Tink, or come up with a new hairstyle or something, because no matter how much I end up going "different, but I don't know different how" I just end up with the same haircut. But that's okay, because I always end up liking said haircut... the joys of being both easily bored and easily pleased...

By the time I finally left the salon it was about 6:15 or something... and I needed to run around and get some boxes and bags and tissue paper and bits and pieces for Ma's birthday tomorrow... I had most of her presents, but I did want to pick up something "seahorse related" or, you know, just see what presented itself...

I haven't been shopping in town on a Friday night for... well... forever and forever (and possibly also forever)... and it was fun... a little crowded and slightly chaotic, but fun.

I pretty much ended up going all over everywhere, a pink box, a grey bag and some sparkly pink tissue from here... some much cheaper tissue paper in packs of pink, silver, purple and white from there... a somewhat pointless hunt for something seahorse related here, there and everywhere... some detours looking for random things for myself (and the bonus of discovering that Muses actually has a Queer Cinema section, and most of the stuff in it was marked down by about 50%, so I picked up Boy Culture and Gay Sex in the 70's)... trekking back down the Mall to pick up a really cheap, somewhat tacky and seemingly pointless seahorse thingy (I actually have no idea what the hell it's supposed to be for, or if it's just a decorative ornament... I do know it's kinda fugly, but that's partly the point)... then having to detour back and find a cheap little baggie for it (and settling on a Disney Princess bag because it was $1, and the other bags and boxes were $3 and that was almost as much as the seahorse thingy itself)... swinging past the Myer Centre food court for some trashy dinner... then a final stop at Haighs to grab some dark peppermint pastilles (in theory just for Ma, but hopefully for us to take to the movies tomorrow *grin*)... and then off to the bus stop (complete with screaming toddler), and home (and joy of joys, the screaming toddler came along for the ride... not all the way home obviously, just on the bus).

Just going back to dinner for a second... trashy really was the word for it, because I gave in and went to McDonalds (which I haven't done outside of a breakfast type situation for ages and ages and ages and ages... so long in fact that I don't actually remember the last time)... but I did notice something... did Big Macs get smaller at some point? Seriously, in my memory, the bun used to be much bigger, it just felt really, really tiny... very weird...

Anyway, now I just need to photograph and then wrap all of Ma's presents (and maybe photograph them again afterwards... as is my want)... then possibly it will be time for bed...

Current Mood:

2 comments:

Tom said...

I haven't been to Maccas since they stopped storing the burgers up waiting for you and started to make them fresh to order (according to the ads anyway!)

Was it any better?

yani said...

You know, it's been so long since I last had it that I honestly couldn't tell you if it tasted any better... all I do know is that it took longer than when they were premade... only about a minute, maybe two tops, but still...