photo friday: perfect library

i want this library!Normally my Photo Friday posts are shots I've taken myself... but today, seeing as how it was my last day at work, while I was wasting time looking at blogs with tenuous links to anything work related... err... researching Web 2.0 technology, I came across this post about a bookcase in a house in London.

I want this bookcase!

A bookcase that's a "secret" staircase that also has stairs wide enough to sit on. Too cool, too cool, too cool by half!

Although the colour coding of the books on each shelf is maybe a little much...

I also feel like I'm sitting here channelling a certain blogger a little bit... after work I went out and bought the soundtrack for Sweeney Todd (the Johnny Depp movie version)... I'd thought about it previously, but H-San mentioned something to me about the movie this morning, and I said that I wanted to buy the soundtrack... and that I might go out and buy it after work... and because I don't need much encouragement, so buy it I did.

I'm currently swaying happily while whistling along to "A Little Priest"... I think it was a good purchase... a good way to mark the end of my time with The Gang I think.

It was kinda weird actually... I mean I'm going to be back there on Monday (in the building anyway)... and I have to go up and see them on Monday... Rockchick borrowed my Pirates of the Caribbean DVDs, and I have to pick up the last Y graphic novels from Sugarmonkey...

Oh, and speaking of Pirates... Ma sent me a text message while I was wandering around shopping... she won the "best dressed pirate" at work today... so all that discount shopping we did last weekend paid off!

Current Mood:

4 comments:

Tom said...

Nope, hands off, that bookcase is mine! I saw it on lifehacker about 6 weeks ago! I'm seriously considering buying the flat above mine just to put a staircase in between them! :)

Sunshine said...

No, no, this is MINE!!!! I want it!!!! Okay, I want it after the iphone but I want it nonetheless!!!! :)

yani said...

Yes, well I called it first :P

Tom said...

Yeah, but I've now got a never to be published draft with half a post about it too!

Anyway - there's probably room for one each. We all live in different cities after all! ;P