cold water

cold showerOkay, so either my kite is cursed or possibly I'm a tiny bit paranoid...

But why is it that bad and annoying things only ever seem to happen on weekends?

I've been having issues with my shower and more specifically with my hot water for some time now... but today it packed up completely (again). I'd kind of found a way of having a hot (hotter) shower recently, by turning on the hot water just the right amount... for some reason that made it hot.

But this morning, nothing...

I grumbled and bitched at it, then went out to check the water heater, fiddled with the knobs, couldn't get the thing to relight. Joy of joys... which mean that after some umming and ahhing and attempting to ring the new land agent people (and getting nothing but recorded messages with mobile numbers and then just recorded messages), but in the end had to ring my landlord.

And of course, the plumber won't come out on a Sunday... so I'm stuck with no hot water.

Which means I haven't had a shower yet... and I won't be able to have a shower tomorrow morning before work... I'm pretty much stuck with taking some sort of sponge bath and praying that the plumber actually comes tomorrow morning, and actually fixes it when he does come.

Technically there are showers somewhere at work, but I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be with that whole idea.

Anyway, I'm crossing my fingers for speedy plumber action!

Current Mood:

4 comments:

Tom said...

Well if you had the guy in the picture in the shower with you and you fiddled with some knobs I'm sure warmth would ensue. ;)

yani said...

Or better yet, we could just go to his place and fiddle with the knobs there ;P

Monty said...

Just what kind of "Speedy plumber action" are you hoping for??? LOL PS You KNOW you had to expect all kinds of smutty inuendo in response to your post didn't you!

yani said...

Ewww... if you'd seen the plumber that I was talking about you wouldn't even have made the suggestions... yucky ta...

And no, actually I was busy having mental anguish so I didn't read between the lines for possible smutty inuendo :P