rainbow

rainbow 2005This was what greeted me halfway through my walk this morning...

There were all these really big, really white, really fluffy white clouds (they've kind of spread out a little more, and are covering the sky now though... but still very white and fluffy) just above the treetops, and it was really beautiful...

Trying to get good shots of them without either powerlines or trees in the way was a whole other thing though.

Then I got down to the end of one of the streets, I looked up, and there is was... kind of faint... but definately a rainbow. I took about four or five shots, and this was the one that worked out the best I think.

A little later, I felt this big "something" hit my head, and thought "Oh great, a bird just crapped in my hair!" but, no, it turned out to be big fat raindrops. There was obviously a cloud passing up through North Adelaide, leaking big fat draindrops in it's wake. It was actually kinda beautiful... because of the angle of the light, the rain had all gone golden when the sun was between me and the drops (and no jokes about golden showers thankyou!)... and there was that really amazing "summer rain" smell...

Just gorgeous...

Current Mood: rainbow!

1 comment:

Joseph said...

I love those summer-rain moments. I'm also really jealous that it's Summer there!