monday montage and musings

Okay, I'm officially starting to freak out now... it's Monday morning, and I know at some point today one or more of the agencies that I sent my resume to on Saturday will call me to come in for an interview or assessment or whatever... I also know that I can do those assessment things pretty much standing on my head...

But it doesn't stop me from freakin out...

Change always freaks me out, even when I know it it change for the better... and even when it's a change that I've instigated... I like routine... not for stuff to be dull... but just for me to know my "place" I guess...

So, yeah... not really news to anyone... but me... big freak...

This isn't the main reason for this post though... it's mostly to do a Montage Monday post (the previously badly named Snapshot Sunday) with some added Monday Musings.

my walk 2005So first up, we have the montage...

This is a my walk through North Adelaide, as seen on Friday... well, most of it anyway... there are a couple of ring-ins from other days, but mostly it's Friday... and yep, the foot in the middle would be mine (a much harder shot to get than you would think... all about the timing).

You will also notice that I got a little overexcited and the image is 5x5 instead of the previous 4x4... I had too many shots I liked to limit the grid to 16 pictures... I think this is just a one off for the 5x5 though...

Interestingly I noticed yesterday when I was reading The Other Andrew's blog that in his flickr montage thingy in his sidebar that he had an image very similar to the second from the bottom on the left (the purple Jacaranda flowers strewn all over the road)... great minds thinking alike and all that...

Anyway, this morning's walk felt different for some reason... I'm not sure if it was because after a week of getting up early and dragging myself around the suburb before coming back and driving Ma into the city I finally got to get up when I wanted to (which only ended up being half an hour later... but still) and didn't have to get back at a certain time, or what... but it was a good walk. I also finally added the extra "Green Leg" to my walk... and damn... it wasn't any harder or more hilly than previous sections, but it is by far a) the prettiest and b) probably the richest section I've been through so far.

I did the walk kind of gazing up at all the very gorgeous and very LARGE (read very expensive) houses along that leg, just going "wow..." to myself every few steps. I will definately need to take a bunch of shots along there later this week, whether for a Montage Monday or not, I don't know, but I was too busy going "wow" this morning to take more than a couple of shots.

It was kind of nostalgic ("what, AGAIN!" I hear you say...) wandering along that section, since the apartment building down at the end of the road was where I lived when I first moved out of home. I stopped at the back of the building and tried to work out which of the balconies had been ours (trickier than I thought, since the whole thing is pretty much cookie cuttered, but all with slight variation), and after a couple of wrong guesses, finally found it (that's another thing that will have to get a photo snapped of it... although I don't know how interesting it will be). When I came around the front side, I couldn't resist and just HAD to go up and see what the little card next to the buzzer by the security door said now...

"Chris, Teo and Joe"

Not completely sure what to make of that... either it's a family with a kid called (perhaps) Joe... or three people sharing the apartment... but it is only a two bedroom place... and while Chris could be a girl's name, I kind of like the idea of three guys (a threesome? a couple and their friend?) sharing the place. Of course, there's probably a girl in there somewhere... but who knows... maybe we really did get "gay" into the very walls all those years ago... we certainly had enough gayboys coming through the place at the time... even though my flatmate was 95% straight...

Ahhh memories...

Current Mood: nostalgic and freaky

4 comments:

ghostlight said...

I love Montage Mondays!!! And as usual I love your architectural pieces. . .wonderful!!! So wish I could get off my ass and work on my photography again.

The Other Andrew said...

One of the things I love about this time of year is that the footpaths are paved in Jacaranda flowers.

I love these montages that you do! They are a really nice way of capturing a time and place. Selecting and cropping the images must take a while? Very nice.

yani said...

Greer: I'm glad... I sometimes wonder how others out there see the stuff I blog about... Blog Trauma 101 I suppose...

TOA: Ditto on the Jacaranda flowers... I have to be honest and say I don't remember noticing them before this year, I probably did, but both blogging and walking and taking pics probably made them more "present" in my brain... And as for the cropping and selecting... actually it doesn't take that long... my primary calling is "Design Bitch", so I tend to fly through stuff like that... it probably does take time, but I'm enjoying myself so I never notice :D

The Other Andrew said...

I know what you mean. Sometimes if I'm making something, or working on a painting or drawing, I'll look up and think "oh look, 2am already..." :-)

It's true, since I started posting pics to my blog and started using flickr, and consequently taking lots more photos, I've started looking at my everyday surroundings in more detail.