Wednesday, April 22, 2009
This isn't my 99th meme at all... but it is close... to tell the truth it's the 97th meme I've posted. Sad but true!
This is stolen from both Tom and Eddy (which I'm sure makes us some sort of unholy meme triumvirate). And I think I probably spent more of the day than I should have working on this stupid thing.
I also reordered some of it... because I like to be different, plus there should be a natural flow to these things.
- When was the last time you cried?
Very recently while I was watching the Season Two finale of Doctor Who on DVD. Tragic I know.
- Have you ever cried during a movie?
Oh hell yes...
- Have you ever danced in the rain?
Danced, no... stood outside in Summer when a long hot spell is broken by rain, hell yes.
- Have you ever been drunk?
- Have you ever tried drugs?
Yeah, nothing major, but the stuff that I have tried hasn't done a damn thing for me, which is lucky I guess.
- Do you smoke?
Nope... I've tried it a couple of times, usually when I was rip-roaring drunk, but all it ever did was make me feel sick.
- What's the farthest you've ever gone on a dare?
I don't do dares... trying to guilt me or dare me to do stuff just makes me look at you with thinly veiled contempt (and sometimes it's not really that thinly).
- What is your full name?
Appleby Barrington Wankleforge the Third, Esq. at your service... really, what kind of stupid question is that for a meme.
- When is your birthday?
March 14... put it in your diary.
- What is your blood-type?
O Negative... which means that I'm one of about 9% of people in Australia with that blood type... and yet the Red Cross don't want my blood (*blows raspberry in their general direction*).
- What does your screen name mean?
My screen name is a nickname that Ludo gave me when we were sharing an apartment... I have no idea where it came from, but I liked it and have used it ever since.
- How many screen names do you have?
About four I think... those are the ones that I use regularly anyway.
- Have you ever been in a car accident?
Nothing serious thankfully (touch wood)... and all of the accidents that were my fault involved stationary objects (and the one instance that wasn't my fault was when my car was stationary and the other car backed in to me while travelling fairly slowly).
- How old were you when you had your first kiss?
Unlike some other people I'm not going for the easy "Mother" option on this... I think my first ever kiss (with a girl, or anybody who I wasn't related to really) I would have been about 11. My first proper kiss with a boy happened when I was about 21.
- Who was your first kiss?
Her name was Mary-Jane (I know, she's a shoe and a recreational substance, how gay am I, right). The first boy I kissed, I think his name was David... actually I'm suddenly wondering if that was his name (there was a David, but I think he came along later), or if I ever knew his name... I'm such a hussy... I remember that he drank scotch and coke though.
- Have you ever had phone sex?
Course I have.
- Have you ever had cybersex?
Oh hell yes.
- Have you ever had an online relationship?
Oh god yes... BlueDragon springs to mind, although he's not the only one. He's the only one that really lasted for any length of time though.
- Would you ever participate in a threesome?
Sure... would do, have done, will do again.
- Would you ever pay for a prostitute?
Sure... would do, have done, might do again.
- Have you ever mooned or flashed someone?
- Have you ever gone skinny dipping?
I don't think it counts as skinny dipping when you're at a nude beach, so no.
- Have you ever played strip poker?
Nope... I suck bad enough at regular poker without the added pressure.
- Who was your first crush?
I dunno, probably somebody in kindergarten... but the first one that springs to mind from when I was a little older is Dean Brown... he was skinny, had dark hair and those highly visible veins on the back of his hands and up his arms.
- Who do you have a crush on?
Nobody worth mentioning.
- What is the longest crush/relationship you have had?
Oh I can carry a crush on for years and years and years and years... I don't really do relationships though.
- Have you ever been rejected by a crush?
Pffft... I don't think I've ever NOT been rejected by a crush.
- Who was the last person you couldn't take your eyes off of?
Well, lets see... I work in the city and I went down to the Mall at lunch time... so there were any number of guys I couldn't take my eyes off. But, you know, only until they go past me.
- Do you have a celebrity crush?
I have about a million of them, they come and go.
- Have you ever written a love letter?
- Have you ever been in love?
I don't think so, no.
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
No, that's not love, that's lust.
- Who was your first boyfriend/girlfriend?
Stephen, he was four years younger than me, built like a wet noodle, hung like a stallion, was into B&D (which I couldn't take seriously at the time... oh how times change) and had a fascination with Communism.
- Have you ever cheated on your bf/gf?
No, but my aforementioned first ex's new partner cheated on him with me.
- What is your favourite sport to play?
Tiddlywinks... that's a sport, right? I don't do sport either as a participant or an observer.
- Do you believe in god?
No, not Big-G God anyway.
- Do you believe in karma?
Yep, especially the instant kind.
- Have you ever made a prank phone call?
Kinda... it wasn't supposed to be a prank though... when La Cousina and I were younger we were in the city with our respective maternals and for some reason we tried to call my Nanna from a public phone box. Much to our surprise the number dialled and the phone call went through, but it turned out that while we could hear her, she couldn't hear us at the other end. Of course we got busted and Ma had to ring Nanna back (this time with money) to tell her what had happened.
- What's the meanest thing you've ever done to someone?
Remember that question about karma a few seconds ago, it's not nice to mess with karma... but having said that, I've done some small and petty things but nothing really vast and mean (well, I didn't think so anyway).
- Do you say meaner things to your friends or your enemies?
I say meaner things TO my friends ABOUT my enemies.
- What is the meanest thing anyone has said about you?
Nothing springs to mind... but then not many people seem to actually say the mean stuff to my face.
- What's the biggest argument you've ever gotten into?
I've gotten into some doozeys, since I'm often stubborn and it seems increasingly annoyed as I get older... but nothing really stands out as "the biggest".
- What was the last lie you told?
I can't think of one... but I'm not sure if that's because I lie so well that I even manage to fool myself or because I'm often painfully honest about things.
- Would you ever lie to someone to make them feel good about themselves?
Not lie as such... more of a sin of omission. But mostly I'm the guy that's all "you weren't going to wear that, were you?".
- Do you get along with your family?
Well since I consider my family to pretty much just be Ma (even though there are other associated relatives around the place), then yes, I would say I get along with my family very well.
- Has anyone ever been disowned from your family?
Yeah, my Nanna used to disown La Cousina regularly when we were teenagers... it only ever lasted for about a week though. Various parts of the family have disowned themselves from other parts though.
- Is there anything that you have done that you regret?
- What's your favourite childhood memory?
Sitting up in the branches of the apricot tree in my backyard and picking the sun-warmed fruit straight off the tree.
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- What is your political persuasion?
Non-committal... I'm fairly small-L liberal in my political leanings (such as they are).
- How would you describe yourself?
- What are you afraid of?
I dunno... nothing, everything, fear itself..
- Are you religious?
Not in any kind of organised sense, no.
- What is the best compliment you have ever received?
I obviously don't tend to either get a lot of compliments or remember them if I do... but Raja telling me I had a "hot ass" was the first one I thought of.
- Which person do you trust the most?
- What is your greatest strength?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- What is your perfect pizza?
Anything so long as it's cooked in the wood fire oven way and is tasty.
- What is your first thought when waking up in the morning?
"That alarm is so irritating."
- What is your first thought before you go to bed?
"Have I set my alarm?"
- What university do you want to go to?
Never wanted to, never did (plus I didn't have the scores).
- Do you play any instruments?
I have played the piano, the recorder and the piano in the past... oh and a rather memorable incident playing the xylophone at a school assembly, I can't remember what the song was though (something about sailing maybe?). Currently I play nothing.
- What kind of music do you like?
I have pretty broad tastes in music... some jazz, the occasional bit of classical, some dance/electronic music and some random pop stuff.
- Do you think you're attractive?
I think I have good eyes and nice lips... does that count?
- Would you ever get a tattoo?
I already have one... I've considered getting others but I would need to be 100% certain on the design and the location before I got anything else.
- How many piercings do you have?
Currently one... over time, four.
- Who makes you laugh?
Sugarmonkey (especially when he does actual monkey noises, that just cracks me up) and Ma.
- Who would you want to be tied to for 24 hours?
Nobody... the idea of being tied to anybody for 24 hours is very unappealing.
- Have you ever seen a dead body?
- What is one thing scientists should invent?
A Universal cure/weight loss pill. And then they should get to work on teleportation.
- What happens after you die?
You move on to whatever your next stage is. Or possibly nothing, I really don't know.
- Do you watch or read the news?
I read the newspaper on the weekends, but I never watch the news.
- What stereotype would you label yourself as being?
"Gay" is a stereotype, right?
- Would your friends agree with that stereotypic label?
Well, they know I'm a big homo, so probably yeah.
- If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
I really don't have any strong feelings one way or another about my name... but I don't really know what a better name would be.
- If you could go back in time to one point in your life, where would you go?
I'd probably go back to when I was 21, just after I moved out of home and in with Ludo. Not to change anything, just because it was a pretty good time.
- If you could change anything about yourself, what would you change?
I'd give myself a super fast and super efficient metabolism.
- If you could go back and change one day, what would it be?
As an immediate example, the day I dislocated my knee springs to mind.
- What do you want your friends to think about you?
They can think whatever they want to think.
- Have you ever bitten someone?
Yes, as recently as last night actually. He enjoyed it immensely.
- Have you ever stolen anything?
Yeah, I went through a klepto phase when I was younger.
- Do you make wishes on shooting stars?
I don't think that I've ever SEEN a shooting star.
- What's the most you've ever eaten in one sitting?
I've been known to polish off more than my fair share from time to time... but never to the point of throwing up or anything.
- Do you remember your dreams?
Seldom if ever.
- Are you a morning person or a night person?
Technically I think I'm a night person, but by virtue of necessity I have to make the most out of the mornings.
- Do you have any phobias?
Not as such, no.
- Have you ever been to the hospital (other than birth)?
Yep, I was in hospital when I broke my arm, I had to go to Emergency the three times I dislocated my shoulder, plus for the shoulder reconstruction, then again when I had problems with my knee after falling on it after the second shoulder dislocation.
- Have you ever broken a bone?
Yep, just the once though... the bone/bones in my forearm when I was 12.
- Have you ever faked being sick?
I like to call them "Mental Health Days"... but I haven't pulled one for quite a while.
- Do any medical problems run in your family?
My Nanna had diabetes, that's about all I can think of.
- Have you ever attempted suicide?
Considered it, yes... attempted it, no.
- Have you ever had a nightmare?
Like with the dream question, I don't usually remember my dreams or, for that matter, nightmares.
- Have you ever laughed so hard you peed in your pants?
Errr, no... I have better bladder control than that. I have laughed until I was crying and couldn't breathe though.
- Do you prefer boxers or briefs?
On other people I have a weakness for briefs... on me, I prefer the trunk, it's not a brief, it's not a boxer, but it provides more support than your average boxerbrief.
- Have you ever been in a fistfight?
Not as such, no.
- Do you have any hidden talents?
I don't really hide any of my talents... I'm all about using as many of them as is practical.
- What is one thing you want me to know about you?
I'm a really good kisser.
- What is one question you wouldn't want me to ask?
"Where did you bury the bodies?"
- What do you think of this meme?
I feel like I've done large chunks of it before... or maybe it's just that after a while all memes start to blend into one.