redball redux

redball ii 2006It's obviously that time of year again... the Christmas tree is up at Ma's place, and now the blog has it's seasonal freak on...

Now, I took a bunch of shots to possibly use as a blog template image... I did... I took ones of the tree with tinsel and without tinsel... I took blurry out of focus tree shots that were kind of interesting... I took some light trail shots that I maybe could have used...

But in the end I decided that the whole "single red ball" image was probably the best plan... so I went with that... made up the graphics, tweaked the code a little, that kind of thing...

And then I happened to check out the Christmas template from last year...

Yeah... I did the red ball thing last year too...

I was SURE that last year had a couple of baubles on it... but no, I'd been weighing up between a shot with a red and green bauble and the image I finally went with that was just the red ball...

I promise (so long as I remember)... next year... something other than just the whole "single red ball" thing...

Oh, and I made the same image into a wallpaper too...

Current Mood:

7 comments:

The Other Andrew said...

I had a single red ball once. It cleared up, thankfully.

Anonymous said...

I'm curious to see the other pictures.

Tom said...

Red balls are better than blue balls. :P

Tom said...

I didn't like to say... not much of a blog theme... and then I reloaded the screen - my computer had saved your old theme so I was wondering what on earth you were talking about!

Anyway, it's good - more tree than red ball in the sidebar which is nice!

A shame we can't see a reflection of you in the baubel. (Yes, I looked - there's some sort of giraffe head thing in the centre of it and then what I guess is you obscured by the flash to the right!) :P

Larry said...

So if Tom is right does that mean you're a giraffe with red balls? I'm so confused...

yani said...

*slaps Tom*

*slaps Larry*

The "giraffe" is my tripod with the digital camera on it.

The "flash" is actually any of the three window's in Ma's living room.

I am NOT featured in the reflection, but instead am waiting around the corner in the hallway for the timer to go off and the camera to take it's shot.

Silly rabbits...

The Other Andrew said...

"...but instead am waiting around the corner in the hallway for the timer to go off..."

Wow, now THAT'S camera shy! :)