christmas template

redball 2005After we were done putting up the Christmas tree, I took some shots to make a Christmas theme template with... actually, while I'd been putting the baubles on the tree, some of them got placed so that they would make for good photographs... hehehe.

I ended up being torn between two shots... the red bauble I finally chose, and one with a red and green bauble on it to tie in with the template colours.

Actually, my final choice was strongly influenced by the image Tony used on his first Christmas post of the season... okay, so it didn't come out exactly like that... but, you know, artistic inspiration and all that...

Like I said before, the light in Ma's living room is horrible, so I had to set up the tripod, and use the timer to get the shots... that's why smack bang in the middle of the red bauble you can see my tripod and camera... I set it and then made a run for it so I wouldn't be in shot.

So, with the compliments of the season, I present... yani.redball

Current Mood: homicidally festive

5 comments:

The Other Andrew said...

The colours! The bauble! The tree! It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!

"...I set it and then made a run for it so I wouldn't be in shot."

Hah! Afraid we'd use the wonders of modern technology (CSI style) to zoom in and check you out huh? :-)

Seriously, the template change and pics are very festive. Nice.

Bodhi said...

I agree with my bloggie Andrew on this one one, very festive indeed yaniboy. And your earlier article on your tree brought back memories of putting up my own tree for many years. Indeed it was a yearly occurrence till last year. First week in October, up it went (I know, I know, but we figured if it was good enough for the Department stores, it was good enough for us). Gay Man + young daughter + sparkly xmas decorations = over the top, but fabulously tasteful and colour coordinated Xmas ensemble.

As my daughter is now older (she is fifteen), and I am not a Christian, last year I made the decision to no longer put up a tree. But seeing others around the place always make me smile and gets me in a festive holiday mood.

You should see the tree in the Queen Victoria Building here in Sydney! It stands at 24 metres tall, and is laden with 15,000 Swarovski crystals, 40,000 lights, 8,000 baubles and 700 bows! Its huge, fab, uber-sparkly and without doubt the gayest tree I have ever seen it my life. Enough to move a Queen a tears, really.

By the way cutie, I have added a link for your blog at my homepage. Seasons wishes!

yani said...

"Hah! Afraid we'd use the wonders of modern technology (CSI style) to zoom in and check you out huh? :-)"

I hate being photographed at the best of times Andrew... but add to that being reflected in a surface that will make the image appear shorter and rounder than it already is... errrr... no thanks... :P

Although that whole CSI zoom in and enhance on photos is so much cr@p... even though I adore the show...

And Bodhi, thanks for the link... but OCTOBER... c'mon... that's a bit much ;)... I remember one year when we put the tree up in the middle of November and Ma swore NEVER EVER AGAIN... hehe

The Other Andrew said...

yaniboy, I get where you're coming from about being photographed. I'm not a fan of it myself, but I've suffered for my blog a couple of times. (As I keep telling people, I'm a giver) As to "short and round", well that kind of sums me up actually. (I thought I should add that before Bodhi does...)

Bodhi said...

Damn Hobbits, they go and spoil all the fun ;-)

I think that Gandrew the Pink is quite the cute and photographic one, as numerous people have said over at his blog. I try and I try to encourage him to have his photo taken at every opportunity, but thus far to very little avail. Like water dripping onto a stone, I hope to gradually wear him down over time.

Relentless and persistent, thats the way to go, I think. And oh yeah, patient. Really, really bloody patient ...