hottest 100 reprise

top left to bottom right... ben, gorillaz, kanye, josh, bloodhound gang and cat empireYaaaaay... Triple J's Hottest 100 has just finished!

It's also fortunate that a change has come in after the 41°C day we've had...

I listened all day, something I haven't done for years and years... from first thing this morning during my walk, right through to the announcement of the No. 1 song a few minutes ago. Only six of my ten chosen songs got in, which is pretty good overall... I'm especially happy that Josh Pyke came in at No. 19... for obvious reasons...

2. Catch My Disease - Ben Lee
3. Feel Good Inc. - Gorillaz
13. Gold Digger - Kanye West
19. Middle Of The Hill - Josh Pyke
24. Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo - Bloodhound Gang
25. The Car Song - Cat Empire

And the actual Top 10? Not really surprisingly Gorillaz and Wolfmother both scored two tracks... and given the amount of airplay he's gotten in only the last few months, it's also not a huge shock that Bernard took out the top spot. I'm not a huge fan, but I don't mind the song.

The rest of the Top 10 looked like this...

1. Wish You Well - Bernard Fanning
2. Catch My Disease - Ben Lee
3. Feel Good Inc. - Gorillaz
4. Best Of You - Foo Fighters
5. Dare - Gorillaz
6. Mind's Eye - Wolfmother
7. My Doorbell - White Stripes
8. O Yeah - End Of Fashion
9. Joker & The Thief - Wolfmother
10. Do You Want To - Franz Ferdinand

Current Mood: hot but happy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo dude,

I voted for Josh Pyke too. An awesome song. I'm hoping like hell it will be on the CD release.

I also got 6 of my top 10 up.

Mine were:

Gorillaz’s “Dare” (#5);
Wolfmothers’ “Mind’s Eye” (#6) and “Joker and the Thief” (#9);
End of Fashion’s “O’Yeah” (#8);
Josh Pyke’s “Middle of the Hill” (#19); and
Kaiser Chiefs’ “Everyday I love you less and less" (#28).

The four that missed out were:

Maximo Park’s “Apply Some Pressure”;
MC Lars’“Mr Raven”;
Red Riders’ “Call On Me”; and
Youth Group’s “Forever Young”.

The Hottest 100 is a great celebration of music - I LOVE it!!

BTW - great site dude
marcus