my new crush

mmmmm josh pyke... watch the starsI'm so embarrassed...

I just heard the opening notes to a song on Video Hits (which is on in the living room, while I'm at the computer in the bedroom) and squealed like a 15yo girl before running in there...

The song that made me squeal?

Middle of the Hill by Josh Pyke...

I've been hearing this song by the 27-year-old Sydneysider for a while now on Triple J during my daily walk, and it always makes me walk just the little bit faster, singing along as I go... it's a catchy little song, and it reminds me of when I was a kid (that's the general idea really I guess)....

When I was a kid I grew up in a house on a hill, not the top, not the bottom but the middle.
And I still remember where I cracked my head, in the vacant lot, there's a row of tiny houses there now.
And we used to light fires in the gutters,
and I could cool my head on the concrete steps.

Not that I did anything like that (except maybe the concrete steps bit), but it's just a feeling that the song invokes...

And the clip is so cute... and Josh... DAMN! He's very cute... vaguely alternaboy, but definately cute... I just wish I could get a screen capture from the clip, he looks so much better in that (never mind that he's toned blue for the whole thing) than in the few pics I could find online... although I do like the position of the stars coming off the tree in this picture...

Now that it's been on Video Hits, it means that the single should be that much easier to find in record stores too... yaaaaay!

Current Mood: mmmm... crush

No comments: