towering wednesday

bayside clock tower glenelg church tower
It should be no grand surprise to discover that these shots are from Sunday's little photographic safari...

You know something... I don't think I'm getting enough sleep... or getting enough iron... or eating enough green leafy vegetables... or drinking eight glasses of water a day. I don't know what's up, but SOMETHING is up with me, the Universe is decidedly off-kilter and I don't like it.

I'm not going to go into a whole psychological deconstruction, but for whatever reason I seem to be letting things that stress me REALLY get on top of me, and then I get all snappy and, as we like to call it at work, all "skirt up over the head".

In fact, I was so decidedly high maintenance this morning that at lunch I went and bought half a dozen donuts for The Nut House. So I was "donut level evil"... not good...

Quite possibly it's also because I can't seen to resist sticking my nose into stuff... which I think is somewhat more of a case of "If I don't do it or put my two cents in, then it's not going to get done right"... which also isn't really going to make friends and influence people.

Hopefully the upcoming public holiday will help to balance my brain out again, as will getting a bunch of other stuff off my desk with any luck.

I did go and order a bunch of pink tulips to be delivered to Ma on Friday for her birthday (which is actually on Sunday), which felt good... even if I did feel like a bit of a schmuck walking in there (I don't know why, I just did). I could have done the whole thing online, but I wanted to write out a card personally... because sometimes you just have to make the effort, you know?

Current Mood:

No comments: