trying day

ye olde secretaryIt's been something of a trying day today... and it looks like it could continue for the rest of the week...

Of course that could be because I'm working on the 13th floor... which also possibly accounts for the minor screw ups about actually getting me there in the first place (that whole "no call" thing plus the fact that my agency girly forgot to email me the details last week)...

The guy I'm reporting to is talking about it lasting "a couple of months", but seriously, if I can't pull this thing into shape within a couple of weeks, maybe a month tops then I don't deserve to call myself a Web Guru (not that I call myself that, but you know what I mean).

That was kinda what made my day trying to be honest... it's currently going along at a snail's pace. I know it's the first day and everything, but I had the WHOLE DAY to assess the website... the whole freakin' day. And there really isn't THAT much to assess.

I did scribble down a whole other version of my day late this afternoon (while I was trying to fill in the last hour), but I think it's enough to say that it was a SLOW day and filled with nothing of much note really (including the fact that my email account had been left open since I was last there and had managed to accumulate 108 pointless messages in the last two months).

Hopefully I can shake things up to a decent speed at some point this week though...

Current Mood:

1 comment:

H. Alan Scott said...

it seems like everyone is going through some trying times lately. i suppose it's the beginning of september or something.