There is one thing I hate about doing a bit of work here and a bit there (okay, less of the there, and more of the once in a while), and that's not being in any kind of routine. If I have a routine going on I can do just about anything for just about however long you ask me to. If I'm flying without the aid of a net or a routine then I'm liable to have a screaming breakdown within a few days. But this couple of days has been somewhere in the middle... not long enough to make a routine happen, not long enough to really need one and not long enough to make me mental.
I also hate working in a building where each floor is electronically "sealed", but not each floor has a receptionist to let you in if you happen to be a temp or a visitor or whatever. I ended up standing around like a lummox both days... and yesterday I ended up being let into the floor and having to fluff my way around until I found the section I was looking for. But then it is Government, what do you expect.
Now... for the Yaays and Boos...
- I actually had enough work to keep me occupied for the day and half I was there, and it not being completely mind numbing and irritating and overly complex (YAAY)
- Not having a swipe card meant I pretty much didn't go to the bathroom all day (BOO)
- Managing to do my full walk both days (YAAY)
- Logging onto the internet this morning only to find that I couldn't and that my computer was all screwed up modem-wise and didn't want to play at all (BOO)
- Figuring out that all I needed to do was switch it off, then back on again and it was okay (YAAY)
- Breaking the internet and making the Minister's Office cry yesterday (half YAAY, half BOO actually... and all I'd done was accidentally deleted the wrong copy of a page meaning the documents attached to it didn't work anymore, and all I had to do was reupload them)
- Having lunch with my old boss (YAAY)
- Finding the two books that come after Twilight, but discovering that the middle one is only out in hardback and costs over $40 (BOO)
- Also finding out that the red plates they had on special at Harris Scarfes were all sold out, and they only went on sale either yesterday or today (BOO)
- Coming home to a fairly cool house (YAAY)
- Having some (extra) money to spend in Sydney come March (YAAY)