wish list 2006

2006 wish listFor the last four year instead of New Years Resolutions (which nobody ever keeps anyway) I make a wish list for the year ahead, asking the universe to provide those things I want to accomplish during the year. I then stick it on my fridge so the universe can see it.... well, the universe and any nosy visitors...

I've also learned to be fairly specific with the list... the first year I asked it to provide me with a "relationship with a warm, funny, caring, sexy guy"... I found the perfect guy... only he wasn't interested back... the universe has an evil sense of humour... suffice to say, that got spelled out more specifically the following year!

Mostly I just refine the list year after year, look at where I'm at, where the previous year's list was aiming, and alter accordingly.

This year I've decided that in addition to the universe checking out the list on my fridge, that it may pay more attention if the list gets a wider audience... so...

Wish List 2006
  • To continue making peace with being alone
  • To engage only in sex that I find physically and emotionally fulfilling
  • To continue to make peace with myself inside and out
  • To continue my walking routine, including drinking water and eating cutoff
  • To find a permanent job that challenges and interest me
  • To be financially independent again
  • To be more positive and spend time only with positive people
  • To return to growing and developing my photography
  • To regularly do things that scare and/or challenge me
  • To return to paying my accounts on time and with ease
  • To return to being calmer and less angry and frustrated
It's actually not that different from last years list... a few changes in wordings, and the walking one is new, obviously...

Current Mood: hopeful

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

May all your wished come true. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

To you and all your readers, may 2006 be better for us all than was 2005. Peace, love and some really good sex...Happy New Year!

jjd said...

what does eating cutoff mean?

nice list!

yani said...

That's what I get for taking shortcuts... And I should have added a link in when I originally wrote the post...

Basically it means I stop eating at 8:30pm every night... only liquids after that time.

yani said...

There's a marked difference between being alone and being lonely crave... I can make peace with the former, but can only endure the latter... I'm a born loner anyway, I enjoy my own company and don't get "lonely" that much really (as a general rule, the great seething mess of humanity annoys the crap out of me)... but making peace with being alone is a whole other animal, and it's still a work in progress. To cut a long story short, I know that my path is one that is meant to be walked alone, and I'm okay with that.