montage monday: christmas in north adelaide

christmas in north adelaide 2005I'm following up last Monday's Christmas themed montage with another equally festive one... Christmas in North Adelaide. These have all been snapped during my walks around the place... mostly my morning walk, but there are a couple of ringers in there from other days and other walks.

North Adelaide seems to be all about the bow at Christmas... I'm not completely sure why... of the center four images, the three single bows were all taken on the same street in the same set of four houses, on both sides of the road... and what's even scarier is that a couple of the places have the exact same bows, with gold edging and little stars on them. So either it's an extreme case of keeping up with the Joneses... or they're organising the whole "bow streetscape" thing... and I'm not sure which is scarier.

My favourite shot of the group has to be the little collection of concrete animals in the bottom left corner... which I'm guessing sit there year-round, but during Christmas get little hats red noses and antlers... very cute.

Oh, and the Santa hat on the round metal thing in the top row? That's right near my house... it's a "man shaped" sculpture, with that big bendy neck, a rectangular body and a couple of mismatched arms. The hat isn't his only Christmas ornament... he also has a pair of shiny red Christmas baubles hanging between his legs... *rolls eyes*

Current Mood: still feelin' festive

4 comments:

jjd said...

the bow people are taking over the world! they're popping up like mad over here too. I wonder if its a laziness factor.. much easier and cheaper than stringing up lights or such.

hope everything is cool in your neck of the woods, news just reported some race rioting over in your neck of the woods? hope all is well.

yani said...

Yeah, everything's fine here... I'm on the south coast, all the bruhaha was on the east coast...

:)

jjd said...

oh good, it was those east coast hill billies! Sorry, didn't mean to lump you in with "those" inbreds! ;->

I don't even know what I'm saying.. I'm just assuming like here there's natural rivalry between geographic areas.

yani said...

Oh hell yes! ;)