i hate the heat

meltedWell... I'm sitting here in my three-quarter shorts with both the fan and the evaporative cooler on maximum, so that can only mean one thing... it's hot. Stinkingly, disgustingly hot...

It was about 36°C today... which is roughly 97°F... and when you don't have any kind of refridgerated airconditioning, it isn't pleasant... you don't want to do anything... my attention span ends up being about 12 seconds... and of course, for summer in Australia, that's not even close to as hot as it can get...

Fortunately it's going to drop overnight so tomorrow should be a more civilised temperature... but I know this is just a taste of what's to come... and after a solid week of 40+ temperatures, and very little sleep, I kind of just long for winter again... or else just airconditioning...

And some people think it's all bougainvillea and board shorts right now... pfft...

Current Mood: overheated and cranky

4 comments:

jjd said...

brrr. I've probably tramped out in the snow about 10 times so far today to bring in more wood to stoke the fire with. Temperature inside is hovering at 60 F, a bit warmer by the fire.

yani said...

Have I mentioned how much I hate you right now? :P

It rained overnight, so it was actually really pleasant outside when I got up... of course I now have the front door wide open and the fan in the doorway trying to suck that cool air into my overheated apartment...

Sunshine said...

I hate the heat too. Come up to Brisbane and try some real grilling. :)

yani said...

You guys get that humid heat don't ya... I think I'll pass...

If Tasmania wasn't so... well... Tasmanian... I might move there...