style wins

mmmm pretty*sings to conga style beat* Camera camera camera... I've now got my camera... camera camera camera...

Ahem...

A month after posing the question Style vs Substance, I can now tell you that Style won out and I'm the proud owner of a Nikon Coolpix 7900.

Its sooooo tiny... the full version of the image I added is actually a little larger than the camera is in real life... so tiny!

And no, I haven't taken any shots with it yet... I'm one of those horrible people who likes to read, or at least skim through the instruction manual before committing myself, plus I don't want to have the very first photo I take to be a rubbish photo of, like, my foot or something.

I went back to Diamonds to get it... I have to say, that place NEVER seems to not be busy. I know it was a Saturday and all, but I don't think I have ever been in there when all the salespeople weren't busy. After waiting around for the guy who was very helpful when I went in to "kick the tyres" last time, I got served by someone else, asked for the Nikon, ummed and ahhed for a couple of minutes about what size Memory Card and what camera case to get, flashed my Camera Club Membership Card and got a slight discount on all three (go Camera Club Membership!)... and walked out of the store in under five minutes the proud owner of a new digital camera.

Scary really...

Depending on the weather tomorrow I might take the camera for a walk when I go to get the paper, or I may do a Jevyeddy-inspired Expose Yourself style post (its like a really, really, really slow moving meme, since he was inspired by someone else's similar post) and do a "circular" shot of my living room... especially since I want to fiddle with the panorama-assist function on the camera (and the "stitching" software that comes with it).

Current Mood: camera camera camera...

No comments: