its raining again

raindrops on gum leaf*sigh*

Its raining again, so no morning walk today... it also meant that when I woke up at 7am and heard the rain I just rolled over and went back to sleep instead of getting up like I have been.

Given the way the sky looks and the fact that it's been raining pretty consistantly since I woke up, I think its going to be raining all day, so I will have to skip today's walk altogether. I'm actually okay with that, especially since I ended up doing a lot more walking than usual yesterday.

Firstly, since I slightly altered my usual route (I'm such a routine-whore) and kind of turned it into a disaster (I went right when I should have gone left and ended up all bass-ackwards), even if I did get to see some different scenery. I'm not sure it was any longer than usual, but there were a few more inclines involved, so that's always good. The real reason there was a lot more walking was because Mum and I went down to Westfield Marion to see Serenity since she's on holidays and wandered around the shops before (and after) the movie.

And given the size of the place, just wandering around for a couple of hours definately counts as some kind of exercise.

I don't know if it was because I did all that extra walking yesterday or because I didn't walk this morning or because I just rolled over and went back to sleep, but my body is a lot more stiff than usual... I'm thinking its the extra walking.

Current Mood: out of sorts

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

You know what? As endurance training, you should try dancing for hours. I usually get tired the next day when I woke up after a night of dancing but by the time I'm up, I have more energy than I've ever had b4. :)

yani said...

Welcome to my world of nine years ago... yeah, I used to do the dancing til dawn thing, occasionally literally. When I first moved out of home I was walking everywhere, going to the gym 4-5 times a week and dancing all night most weekends.

Unfortunately the Scene in Adelaide is far too small and I've been out a long time, so I no longer feel comfortable out in it.

Thank you for the advice and encouragement though, I know you mean well. :)