purple reprise

'I think it pisses God off when you walk by the color purple in a field and don't notice it.'It was much easier to get up for my walk this morning than I thought it was going to be... being Monday and having had two days off and all... but the lure of wandering the neighbourhood with a camera was too great and off I went.

Because it was still early (around 8), the light wasn't perfect for all the shots I wanted to take, so I might have to throw in a later morning or even afternoon walk. I did manage to get shots for the "purple matrix" I've been wanting to make though.

The really weird thing looking at the photos back here on the computer is they don't all look purple. The classic lavender does, the wisteria does... but the iris looks vividly blue, and the stuff that I think is Spanish lavender (center) looks pink, as do the little flowers in the bottom right corner... but I swear they are actually pale purple.

The shot with the bee on the lavender is probably my favourite shot from today's walk... the bee is really really detailed, and actually pretty sharp in the full version. I'm kind of obsessed with photos of bees in lavender, I've been taking similar shots for ages and ages, but I think this is probably the best one to date.

Because I'm used to working from a viewfinder rather than this screen my camera has, its taking me a while to get my shots composed correctly. But on the plus side, it means I can get in close and low on some of these shots (or up high/over fences in others) without having to actually lay on the floor.

I have a few other shots to share, some of my favourite houses on my walk, plus a couple of "What The?" type shots, but I will probably leave them til later, either today or later in the week.

Current Mood: pleased with myself

No comments: