vaguely clothing related saturday

yes there was clothes shopping, no there were no shirts for $1I've essentially done very little today, but I'm reasonably exhausted... I don't know if it's because of the weather today, or I didn't get enough sleep this week or what...

The big news for today is that Adelaide had an earthquake last night... which sounds impressive, until you realise that it was essentially a minor tremor. In fact I didn't even know it was an earthquake, I just thought a big truck/bus had driven past my place... the windows shook a bit, and that was about it.

Also, I'm still a brunette... my hair looked much darker this morning than it did in the salon last night... so I'm still getting used to it. Plus I think my scalp might be kinda brunette at the moment as well...

Ma had her hair appointment this morning, so I went shopping on my own. I didn't end up getting very much but I had to detour to get my dry cleaning so I didn't get back to my place much before Ma got here.

We dithered around here for a bit, then ended up going to Norwood to look at shoes for Ma. Why is it that they are unable to make shoes with a low heel and appropriate support/comfort actually look interesting? Why do they all have to look like shoes for earnest, militant feminist lesbians (not that there's anything wrong with that... but they're some ugly shoes)? Eventually Ma found a couple of pairs she liked which were on special. Which is good, because they were over $300 bucks even then...

That seemed to set the precedent for the day.... not the expensive part, but the clothing related part.

We then headed down to Marion, somewhat more circuitously than normal, and ended up looking at clothes a lot. Okay, I also bought Transformers 2 with the gift card I got for my birthday from work... which I then followed up with a Transformers tee shirt with Megatron all shiny and metallic and blue... and followed that up with a baby blue sweater (not one of my usual colours, but I liked it)... so it's all connected, or something.

So between wandering around, looking at clothes and avoiding vast numbers of stupid people we grabbed some lunch and after more wandering called it a day.

Current Mood:

2 comments:

Janek said...

Here I was hoping to read a blog about a foray into nudism. Mmm, naked Yani

yani said...

Yeah, nobody needs to see naked yani...