more christmas meme

santa the bear stalkerThe Christmas themed memeing continues...
  1. Have you given something (or $) to charity at Christmas?
    Funnily enough, before this year I probably would have had to say "no" (other than buying things where part of the proceeds go to charity)... but this year we're doing the charity donation this at work in lieu of Secret Santa, I've already made one contribution of non-perishable food, and I think I'm going to buy something for one of the Wishing Trees.

  2. Do you spend more on other people than they spend on you?
    For everybody except Ma, quite possibly... this year with Ma though it may be a pretty close run thing... actually this year I could well have spent waaaaay more on her.

  3. Do you like to take your time opening presents?
    Honestly, I would much rather just have the Orgy of Unwrapping first thing in the morning, cover the floor with tissue paper, ribbon and wrapping paper and then move on with the day and whatever goodies I've received (you know, like I was six)... but Ma and I have tried to ration ourselves the last couple of years with varying degrees of success.

  4. Does the thing you want most this year costs $100+?
    There's not really anything I desperately want... not for Christmas anyway... so, no.

  5. Do you expect to get more than 10 presents this year?
    Oh hell yeah... both individual parcels and actual presents too...

  6. Are you a Scrooge/Grinch?
    I don't think so, no *checks for green fur or Dickensian outfit*... some of the cheesy and over-the-top stuff about Christmas annoys me, but I wouldn't say I was a Grinch or a Scrooge

  7. Do you know the lyrics to more than 25 Christmas songs?
    I don't know what I've ever counted, but I'd say that I probably do... there was a quiz on the radio during my walk a week or so ago where they were getting people to give the next line of Christmas carols... the people calling kept flunking out, I knew every line.

  8. Three best things about Christmas?
    Presents, time off, giving people stuff

  9. If you were a Christmas character, who would you be?
    I dunno... Rudolph maybe... he's a little bit gay right?

  10. What type of decoration should stop being made?
    Oh, there are way too many Christmas decorations that should never had been made... I couldn't pick just one... although that whole sub-genre of Australian animals with Santa hats is one that could happily die.

  11. What kind of pattern/pictures do you like on your wrapping paper?
    Well, toy soldiers would be at the top of the list... I don't think I've ever seen paper like that though. I like plain papers or "bold simple graphic designs" that you can dress up with lots of ribbon and stuff... but so long as everything co-ordinates (paper, ribbon, trinket, gift card) and suits the person you're giving it to, that's the main thing.

  12. Will you make a Christmas picture for your blog/website/profile?
    For the day, yes... but I'm not bothering with doing up a Christmas template this year, last year I hated it before we'd gotten through the first week of December.

Current Mood:

No comments: